GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a new car detail,as car had covered 700 miles.All work was done by Ed of divine detail who are based in Surrey.I can highly recommened Ed, as his work is of the higest standards and his very helpful,understanding and a genuine guy.I know he's looking at becoming a sponsor on here.
Car,wheels and calipers was coated in Modesta BC-05 and then Gtechniq EXO for extra protection as Modesta takes upto 2 weeks to cure properly and can last upto 10 years and also enhances the pearl more so than the crystal serum,so im told.
Interior was coated with Gtechnig leather guard,glass cleaned and coated with Gtechniq G1 and removed with G2.
Engine bay cleaned and coated.What suprised me was the amount of contamination came of the paintwork using the clay,see pics.

Here are a few pics

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks ace mate! Normally not a massive fan of white GT-R's but that's the business

How long does it take to apply?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks ace mate! Normally not a massive fan of white GT-R's but that's the business

How long does it take to apply?
The guy had the car for just under 2 days.Its the prep work and the time to let it dry enough,so its save to drive.for it to fully cure,it takes 2 weeks.
Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Looks like it just rolled off the dealer showroom, Amazing!! What's Ed's surname and what does he drive... I know an Ed in Surry just ordering if its him.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Woww looking good shrimpy !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Im glad you went for a premium coat for your brand new car :) Should keep it looking fresh and honestly makes your white paint look a lot deeper ;)

Just make sure to maintain it now and dont get it washed at any cheap places..

Here is some pics of mine after having Crystal Serum applied :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like it just rolled off the dealer showroom, Amazing!! What's Ed's surname and what does he drive... I know an Ed in Surry just ordering if its him.
Hi,its Ed staples of Divinedetail.Its 10 times better than when it came from the showroom lol.He will do a excellent job if you book with him

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Hashlak,thanks for the comments,got to protect the old girl lol.I did try KDS who you recommended but they was taking booking for September and that was a few days after i talked to you at the Ace cafe meet.I only wash my car myself
Yours looks stunning aswell,really shows up the glitter.You get it done at your mates place next door to the cafe?

Are you going to Brooklands meet in July?If so i see you there

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi Hashlak,thanks for the comments,got to protect the old girl lol.I did try KDS who you recommended but they was taking booking for September and that was a few days after i talked to you at the Ace cafe meet.I only wash my car myself
Yours looks stunning aswell,really shows up the glitter.You get it done at your mates place next door to the cafe?

Are you going to Brooklands meet in July?If so i see you there
Ah its fine :) I just wanted you to get it done at a proper place and seems that you found a good one..

Good to hear, i also only wash it myself and sometimes at my mates car wash near Ace Cafe.. Yea I had Alfie do the C63 and GTR with Crystal Serum

Hmm, i dont think i will be able to make it for July :/ But will deff see you round at some meets or events later on in the year :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Contact details and price please for Ed
Divinedetail.co.uk

Look on the web page to give you a rough idea on what you want and price,then contact Ed on 07510651819 and he will guide you the best route protection for your car.He really is a nice guy.Let bus know how you get on

Shrimpy

·
Registered
644 Posts
How are wax and stuff meant to last 2 years? Surely after a fee washes it's all but gone?
Yea, modesta and gtechniq coatings are not wax.. Crystal Serum for example is a hybrid ceramic coating that lasts for 3 years.. I believe the modesta bc05 lasts even longer..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmm im no scientist.. But I know that it bonds to the paont on a molecular level.. The the Gtechniq serum is so strong that the only way to remove it is to wet sand it off!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But how? Surely they just get washed off when you wash the car?
Its just like a clear resin bonded to the paint.As Hashlak said its a molecular.They class these products as glass coatings and as said before they are so hard the only way to remove them is with wet and dry sand paper.You cant even burn through them when polishing and are resistant to all chemicals :)
Modesta can last up to 10 years so im told

1 - 18 of 18 Posts