GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p

As above, for the GT-R.

In the latest Japanese Performance mag Piper claims fitting of their exhaust system gives 18% increase in power to a whopping 86 bhp.
They claim it is emissions friendly and within the Mot figures.

How plausible is this folks? seems a little optimistic.:nervous:

·
Registered
51 Posts
:p

As above, for the GT-R.

In the latest Japanese Performance mag Piper claims fitting of their exhaust system gives 18% increase in power to a whopping 86 bhp.
They claim it is emissions friendly and within the Mot figures.

How plausible is this folks? seems a little optimistic.:nervous:
Looks good, wery simple and well engineered, but i seriously doubt the power quote, even us tuner claims at max 50 hp (+downpipes).

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
not even worth debating - have heard claims like these so many times - get em on Big Duncs rolling rd to prove, and claims like these get shown up for what they really are; lies,lies and more damn lies......

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
when they told me about that hp figure on the phone in the summer i burst out laughing and i said you 100% can not say that in public everyone will laugh... so what do they go and do....

it was dyno'd on sva imports dyno in combo with an accessPORT

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
exaclty - 86bhp increase on its own is just ridiculous - would love to see the evidence. - if it was achieved in conjkunction with other mods, then maybe perhaps believable - on its own though, as a bolt on upgrade, then nah......no chance.....!!:runaway:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
They use an ecu tune to get that. Dunno which tune but its very sketchy they would use this kind of marketing without saying and without giving numbers w/o showing what it does before a custom tune. I say don't buy it due to there sketchy tricks. no need to pull the blanket over a customers eyes to make sales. Plus as shown from Ben above there are better products that will net u more power with a tune.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys have no intention of buying, rather get a system of Ben.

I was trying to make the point that such gain on its own ie without remap is highly dubious but what is more interesting is that they claim that their system gets rid of 4 cats out of 6 and still is mot friendly.

What do you say to that?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
totally agree mate - in fact ive seen stock cars make less power when swapping to a so called 'performance' exhaust system, as a straight swap i might add - yes, when you include air filter mods, ecu/map tweaks, decats etc then yep, highly believable HP increases are usually achievable

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hey guys have no intention of buying, rather get a system of Ben.

I was trying to make the point that such gain on its own ie without remap is highly dubious but what is more interesting is that they claim that their system gets rid of 4 cats out of 6 and still is mot friendly.

What do you say to that?
I'd say they can't count.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.