GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Looks like

Nismo hard pipe kit.
Allows higher boost levels to be run. Anything over 1.2 bar I guess. Better than the standard stuff.
I think you can get the Greddy Kit from Abbey for about 390 + VAT.
Hope this helps,
Nick.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tks. nick.

in this case, i don't need this piece if i don't plan to run 1.2bar or above, is that true? (coz i don't plan to upgrade the internals of my stock turbos or upgrade to 2530)

will it help if i still run my stock turbo at 1.1 bar?

do u have a pic. of the greddy kit?

tks.

michael.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Mike,

I am not techie on this and you might want to call Abbey...01883 732331.
For what I know, the stock ceramic turbos should only really be run at 1 Bar max. You could run 1.1 bar or 1.2 bar but you are risking the bearings and internals for destruction as they are not built for this. You are playing with the devil I guess. And broken turbo fins will go into the engine and then it is rebuild time!!

You could run it but you will shorten the lifespans. The internals are cermaic and light and hence spool up quickly. The steel ones will give a little more lag but can handle the boost and you won't run the risk of internal or bearing damage.

As for the kit, then you would need to think about a larger intercooler as well to run more boost to increase the efficiency of the cool charge. Plus the hard pipe kit to hold the boost.
I think once you go over one bar it starts to get expensive and the stock parts have reached more than max efficiency.

Also you start to run into probs with back pressure on the stcok turbos at over 1 Bar and this can lead to them stalling and breaking. Is this right chaps??

Stick to one bar, save the cash and do all the mods at the same time. Might be worth sorting an oil cooler while the front bumpoer is off as well.

For any pics then check out http://www.takakaira.com and weep!!
Go into Performace parts and click into the TRUST logo. You can get lost in there for hours!!!

Nick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello nick,

tks. for your response.

i run 1.0 on a daily basis.......i only swiched to 1.1 when i see some bastards around......hehehe

i already have a big arc intercooler with down pipes & exhaust + hks oil cooler kit in my car so my boost is pretty steady now......with the EVC properly installed........and my x'mas present is on its way too........mine's vx-rom.

i'll look into that link and see if i'll get lost.......hahahahah

tks again.

michael.

:smokin:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
HKS?

Thats not the HKS piping kit, flattens off over the cam cover.:confused:

Although undoubtedly doing the same job,
just doesn't look like the HKS, if thats makes
any difference to you 97 GTR VSPEC??:confused:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Mike.

Check out the Abbey Site as I am pretty sure it is on there..
www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk.
Go into Performance Packages, and then Stage 2. Pic of the Greddy pipes in there.
Nice spec and the Mines ECU is a nice bit of kit.
Are you down at the grasshopper meet?
If not have a great Xmas and all the bets for 2002.

Nick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey scott,

it's a nismo hard pipe kit as per nick and i havn't got that in my car so i don't know wat difference dat'll make.

and nick,

i'll check abbey's site.....tks...
i live in hk so i can't come to any of you guys crazy meetings......i wish i can come though........

tks. again.

michael.

pls. come & take a look at my car.........hehehe////
http://homepage.mac.com/siumeigo/
:smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts