GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
its not in the sidewall, cant it just be repaired?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i asked my tyre supplier and sent him the pic and he reckons its too close to the shoulder to repair

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
No way that will be repaired. I've had them further into the band than that and they refused to do them. Shitter:bawling:

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I wouldn't risk it too close to the edge, but it's up to you, what tyres are they I think I've got a used front Dunlop

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car came with bridgestones..all good tread depths too..do i buy another or just change them out for MPSS of a slightly bigger size..

·
Registered
371 Posts
MODs... Please don't let Steve read this...

I've recently made the switch to MPSS, what a difference, confidence inspiring in the the rain, great handling, smooths out the suspension feel, oodles of grip and I actually like the 'squweermeee' feel to them when approaching their limit... driver feedback.

Admittedly, it'll be a whole lot more expensive replacing 4 than it will be just the 1 though.

Perhaps ping the pic over to another tyre fitter or two? Surely the repairs closeness to the sidewall has less relevance due to them being run flats?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
know one want to do it..thing is i replace tyres at work but my tyre machine cant remove run flats..otherwise i'd just repair it myself..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why not contact Sly @ Kaiser and ask if he's got a single used Bridgestone? Maybe someone else has done the Dunlop switch after a similar predicament and he's got 3 tyres undamaged etc...

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not contact Sly @ Kaiser and ask if he's got a single used Bridgestone? Maybe someone else has done the Dunlop switch after a similar predicament and he's got 3 tyres undamaged etc...
spoke to sly earlier..sooo tempted to have him fit the MPSS's but as all the other tyres are like new its a pain..
he said he doesn't have a bridgestone otherwise he'd be happy to sort me out..
ive ordered the new tyre and will be delivered in the morning..just gotta find someone with the correct machine able to fit without damaging the rim.

·
Registered
785 Posts
MODs... Please don't let Steve read this...

I've recently made the switch to MPSS, what a difference, confidence inspiring in the the rain, great handling, smooths out the suspension feel, oodles of grip and I actually like the 'squweermeee' feel to them when approaching their limit... driver feedback.

Admittedly, it'll be a whole lot more expensive replacing 4 than it will be just the 1 though.

Perhaps ping the pic over to another tyre fitter or two? Surely the repairs closeness to the sidewall has less relevance due to them being run flats?
Where's the like button lol. MPSS all they way for me. Steeeeeeevvve where are you !!!!!!. I think he's secretly thinking he'd like to try the MPSS but would never live it down after all he's said lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can get that tyre volcanised for around £15 i have been doing it for 10 yrs with no probs about 3 times on the gtr.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts