GTR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Why are you constantly changing it? See if these pics help, i would not use ATF as it will be absorbed to a degree into the clutch plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They are the ball bearings, but it’s the cap that sits on top of the ball bearing that I was wondering which way around it goes...

Changed the fluid (FFL-4) and a fault code popped up - think a solenoid was sticking and/or issue with one of the harnesses, so completely disassembled it - putting it all back to together today.

I want to put some cheaper ATF so I can see if the code is cleared or not during the clutch relearn - if it does clear during the relearn, I’ll drop the fluid straight away (so not driving it with ATF in) and put FFL-4 in to replace it. However if during the clutch relearn the code doesn’t clear, then I will drop the ATF fluid and give the valve board to AC - but happy that I haven’t just wasted the expensive FFL-4!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
They are the ball bearings, but it’s the cap that sits on top of the ball bearing that I was wondering which way around it goes...

Changed the fluid (FFL-4) and a fault code popped up - think a solenoid was sticking and/or issue with one of the harnesses, so completely disassembled it - putting it all back to together today.

I want to put some cheaper ATF so I can see if the code is cleared or not during the clutch relearn - if it does clear during the relearn, I’ll drop the fluid straight away (so not driving it with ATF in) and put FFL-4 in to replace it. However if during the clutch relearn the code doesn’t clear, then I will drop the ATF fluid and give the valve board to AC - but happy that I haven’t just wasted the expensive FFL-4!
But it would not be wasted just reuse it

21 - 25 of 25 Posts