GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any views on Cosworth Version 2, Wiesco and JE pistons? I have read the horror stories about Version 1 Cosworth but are Version 2's good? Whilst JE's and Wiseco appear to be good value? I know there are lots of options. Ideally looking for something that can handle around 900 Bhp though don't intend going above 800.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Err Mallory turbo tuff, AMS sell as part of their 1500hp kit, same money as above, if you want to push the boat out go Carrillo but shouldnt your engine builder be telling you what to use???

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a couple of offers on parts at a good price. Not sure whether to buy and if I do I may sell on or consider having fitted in the future. However car is currently ruuning really well and power is great. I will do some more research. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just read the thread on the 2020 LM800 - excellent car. I see OEM pistons are good for 800 Bhp, which I would be delighted with. So may keep pistons OEM and save a few quid. These GT-R mods are a bug - difficult to stop once you get started!!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The americans are running plenty of cars at 800hp on totally stock motors, Brad Jepson ran 9.2 @ 142mph on stock motor, turbos , inlets and intercoolers does that mean its a good idea? Not really! I suppose it depends on whether you want to confidently run that and more power or have at the back of your mind what if. To me anything over 4.25 I would do proper trans and forged block.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I am at the point where any further mods will require engine and gearbox strengthening; hence buying parts for future contingencies when I have the budget. It's scary what power and torque some people risk, with little or no safety margin.

·
Vendor
1,824 Posts
Best bet is a rod upgrade for safety, 800 is plenty for the roads.
Not sure what you can get away with regarding gearbox but I’d guess first gear and mainshaft and clutch upgrade and ets check, few of the smaller bits like gear locks ,clips etc.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Best bet is a rod upgrade for safety, 800 is plenty for the roads.
Not sure what you can get away with regarding gearbox but I’d guess first gear and mainshaft and clutch upgrade and ets check, few of the smaller bits like gear locks ,clips etc.
Absolutely rods are a must but why your in there why not do it right, aftermarket pistons are lighter the engine can be balanced to a better tolerance so it revs way higher with cams and springs, do it once do it right. Cheap is expensive, expensive is cheap!!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gradually working through all the advice/recommendations, so that I can have a safe increase in power. I think I will have the car a while as there's still no sign of the fabled R36.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Thinking about R36 but saving a couple of hundred quid on pistons etc? that doesnt add up, the R36 if it ever happens will be well over 100K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts