GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all those that have asked, here are the pix. The engine is a little dirty from the rain but I think it comes up OK. Big thanks to Top Secret for their quality work.

BTW. the engine hasn't been dynoed yet so I can't give you any power figures. I'll get that sorted out in a couple of weeks.

Cya O!

Edited: Change of links for pix.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
:eek:

WOW !

Now that is an engine bay to be proud of ! What a beast ! You must be rather proud of that !?!

Edited to Say: There are 1 or 2 GTI-R's being built around the 3037 turbo - didn't realise it was so big !!!

Daz

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Blown away....

Words fail me. A work of art, never seen anything like it, absolutely beautiful. Almost seems a shame to run it and risk getting it dirty.

That's the Jun plenum isn't it, single throttle body.

If there is a GT-R calendar produced, this has got to feature.

You're one lucky man, well done.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Gio, you already know my thoughts on the engine:D Can't wait to get a ride once its all run in and set up....I have a good idea what it sounds like at full revs but want to find out how it feels like from the inside!!

Top job from Top Secret :smokin:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the kind comments. I really appreciate it. It goes without words that I'm happy with how things turned out. :D

Guy... I'm running the F Con V Pro. Therefore, I was able to lose the AFMs.

PeterE... the intake plenum is a Top Secret one. It looks almost identical to the JUN model, even on the inside. Maybe someone copied someones?

DCD... absolutely. As soon as its sorted we'll take it out on the highway and see what it does. :)

Perra... end of October and I should have the details to post. Breaking in an engine in Tokyo is a time consuming exercise.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Holy smokes I just creamed me knickers!

Hipo that is just awesome and you must be chuffed with Nakatasa san's work.
3037s as well. Dare i ask what sort of horsepower that is going to produce.
I just keep on having to look at it again and again.
My old 33 black engine will never looks the same.

I need chrome and fast!!

NLW

pS what sort of advantages do you get no running AFMS? Does it idle like a Baeatch?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
What a beast ... it looks like something from outer space!! :D Fantastic!!! Good luck with it hipogtr!

I'm hoping up and down with excitement at the power figures!!! Let us know as soon as you can :D

Cheers,

Dan :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
that engine is a thing of beauty... absolutly stunning :)

and as for this....
hipogtr said:
The engine is a little dirty from the rain but I think it comes up OK.
my car doesnt come up that shiny after a hard days polishing......
so yes!!! the engine does look 'OK' !!!!!

much envy from over here...

and without sounding too simple, how does the Fcon V work out mixture without any AFMs???

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Oh my life.

I have just shot my bolt.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dazza

That turbo in Bill W's old car or rather Nad's that goes nowhere is of a similar size and rating.
Truly monsterous...
Imagine having two of the blighters!!

NLW

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hipo,

Nice piece of work that. :smokin:

It should be fun to watch Nagata-san put it on the dyno like the silver one.
Perhaps we should volounteer to stand on the suspension towers for traction again.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers, guys. :)

N15MOW... Apparently dropping the AFMs removes a restriction out of the system for high boost conditions. As for driveability, you'd be surprised how good the F Con V Pro is. Before I did the current round of changes, I was using the F Con V Pro. Both Bean and DCD should be able to testify that the idle and power delivery without the AFMs was as good if not better than the factory AFM setup. Maybe hard to believe, but I had the same concerns as you before I did it. I am a full convert now. ;)

MattPayne... The F Con V Pro is a speed density system. So rather than meter the air over a wire (AFMs) it measures the density of air in the intake plenum using a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Without getting too technical, the MAP sensor calculates the air volume and generates an electrical signal to the ECU which, when combined with temperature, is used directly for determining the amount of fuel needed. Mixture is fine tuned with through the O2 sensor feedback. At least thats my understanding - could be off.

Bean... hehehe. That was some crazy stuff, wasn't it. I have never seen someone almost standing on the engine during a 900+hp dyno run - insane!

Cya O!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hipo,

Yep - they're mad alright.
Genious/Insanity are hand in hand at Top Secret for sure!!

Have a look at some of the other video I took later....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts