·
Registered
961 Posts
no they split coz they were getting to populur
i was told!

·
Registered
961 Posts
they were getting upset about the radio playing them all the time!

i would a well
i hate the radio!

·
Registered
961 Posts
by the way its moonlite !!

tut tut!

·
Registered
326 Posts
the radio bit was the substitute of the moonlight.:D I know my seventies tunes ( monday night old julies(for those who know Newcastle)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Split screen

No my sony definatly does split screen, can adjust the size on both, select which one you want to have the sound for etc.

Luke

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Change of plans

Dear All

Went to look at a few Plasmas and to be quite honest wasn't that impressed. Best of the bunch though was the Fujitsu 42" for the money(£4,000.00 for black £4,300.00 for silver.) Top pic goes to the Delphi 42" at £7,500.00, phew.

So what I've done is bought a Sony VPL HS1 front projector. It's the one with the built in memory card etc., OK it ain't top class but the Unit,Stand,Interface and 60" Sony (150" max) screen came to a total of £2,000.00. So can't complain really considering the unit alone is 2K it was a blinding deal.

Will let you know whats its like when its up and running in a couple of weeks.

Thanks EVERYONE for your help :smokin: .

See ya.

glen

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The real reason is you couldn't find a plasma screen with a Bayside Blue surround.;)

I hope you're gonna wire up the projector to the car. I can see it now.......

Night time meetings at the Grasshopper sitting in the car park watching GTR vids. projected onto a pop-up screen produced out of the back of gary's car.:smokin: :

:cool:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Excellent Thread

Nice thread T9KYO, I have learnt loads about Plasma etc, etc. However it seems as if no-one has mentioned the sound system that shoud be used to make the most of the awesome pictures we all crave. personally i like the BOSE Lifestyle series, if you havent already check it out, bit pricey but you gets hat you pays for.

All the best
Andy

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Andy

Bose is OK for someone like Glen that puts form before function . :p

They are not Audiophile material however .ie.No 3d imaging ,depth ,etc. They do sound ok to the untrained ear though . (Flak jacket on ):D ;) .They are also small and convenient for the 'smaller' rooms .:smokin:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
A little late... :) Im off to a reception at Bang Olufsen colchester... thay are doing the local launch of their 42" plasma... Judging by the quaility of the rest of thier stuff... it should be pretty good... if a bit overpriced. But atleast it wount date, and you would get THE BEST!! aftercare than from any other shop!
My usual setup for TV is a B&O MX for day to day viewing and an cheap (600 lumen XGA) projector connected to a B&O DVD and Kenwood THX 5:1 (SVGA & Digital COAX) for films... :cool:

41 - 60 of 87 Posts