GTR Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
OK had it a while now

The Sony VPL HS1 that is.

Gotta say its really good value for money. Gives a sweet picture on our living room wall BUT predominately in the evening. Would say the quality is up with the medium range Plasmas. Widescreen DVD's look great and have had it showing upto 80" so far.

Watched the England v Argentina game the other day and it was well watchable. The Sony Memory Stick port is good as well.

I got it all for £2k including Stand, Screen and Signal Interface Unit.

Then I bought a Loewe Xelos 28" widescreen for £805 including Stand and 5 year guarantee which looks nice as well.

So all in all I bought a good set up for £2,805.00. Like I said I was finding it hard to justify the 4-5k for the Plasmas.

With the change I bought me Carbon Bonnet :D .

If anyones in the Romford area I don't mind giving a demo :) .

glen

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Cinema

I just bought the new Sim2 HT300 projector for my cinema room, as well as a much bigger sub-woofer, the Rel Stentor III, which should kick ass!

The installers should be completing installation of the cinema next week, so I'd better get the Best Motoring GTR DVD ready (thanks Dino).

Guy

PS £9,000 for the projector and £2,500 for the sub makes Skylines seem like a cheap hobby - why are all the fun hobbies so expensive!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
expensive hobbies..

You have hit the nail on the head there Guy !!

A mate of mine has this huge Seleco projector, thet cost him a fortune..

The rel sub will shake the house !:smokin:
The same friend has one in his cinema room. undersiege 2 sounds like a real train is coming through the house..
now you just need to settle back and watch top gun (just the flying scenes) or something with a kicking soundtrack.

enjoy...

/Steve

81 - 87 of 87 Posts