GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Has anyone used PlastiDip or seen the finished item on a car or wheel??
Check out the company on DipYourCar .com and You Tube the wheel product the Anthracite color looks real cool. So easy to use and just peel it off when you need or want to. Looks great on badges to. !!

·
Registered
228 Posts
hey bud

i would avoid it personally promises great things but tends to fall short. a quick google search will confirm :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
I did the Silver plastic trim aeound the gear lever in matte black plastidip, it looks really good and has a nice texture to it, dont think It would be ao great for a whole car but the odd little bit like the alloys or the internal trim will be fine, you can always peel it off if it goes wrong.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi mate, plasti dip is ok... But doesnt last atall if not properly sprayed on and i thought the texture was horrible and a nightmare to clean.
Personaly id steer clear

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I did the Silver plastic trim aeound the gear lever in matte black plastidip, it looks really good and has a nice texture to it, dont think It would be ao great for a whole car but the odd little bit like the alloys or the internal trim will be fine, you can always peel it off if it goes wrong.
I want to do this!!!! Any DIY instructions or is it an simple and "press button on can"

·
Registered
199 Posts
A friend plasti dipped his BMW 535D

found that you really need a clean environment and loads of coats think he did like 6 for great results.

Really big in the US loads of GTRs and other cars being done with no issues.

May be doing my GTR soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts