GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know the GTR paintwork is soft but seriously, this takes the biscuit!
Last night I removed the plates to clean the car properly and put on new plates. Previous owners have clearly swapped plates on numerous occasions and the amount of stick pad residue was insane.
After 2 hrs spent removing them I noticed the adhesive had actually eroded away the top layer of gloss paint leaving unsightly matt recantangles. Thankfully the new plates will hid it but not the point.
Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I took my rear plate off yesterday to find the previous owner had used super glue along with the sticky pads!
Paint work is ruined :(

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
At least you haven't got holes in your bumper from where the dealer decided the front plate needed to be screwed on.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
So, I know the GTR paintwork is soft but seriously, this takes the biscuit!
Last night I removed the plates to clean the car properly and put on new plates. Previous owners have clearly swapped plates on numerous occasions and the amount of stick pad residue was insane.
After 2 hrs spent removing them I noticed the adhesive had actually eroded away the top layer of gloss paint leaving unsightly matt recantangles. Thankfully the new plates will hid it but not the point.
Anyone else experienced this?
sounds quite likely that area has been painted before and not fully outgassed before the plates where stuck on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts