GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My last car was a 87 FWD Celica with 180HP, now all of a sudden I have a R34 GTR V-spec II Nur, I really have no idea what kind of cars I can keep up with.

I went to a NSX California club dinner meeting last night in LA, there were a bunch of different cars driven there by their owners. A 1 week old 350Z, E46 M3, S2000, 2 Ferrari....F355 GTS F1 and 360 Modena 6-speeds, a bunch of NSX with different mod., supercharged, twin turbos......etc.

After dinner we went for a little drive, and it turns into a friendly street drag race, the air was cold, so my car was boosting good, I was running 1 bar of max boost, the car was pulling nicely. I raced 4 cars, rolling start from 10mph-100mph, here are my result:

Pull away a few car lengths from a fairly stock early model na NSX, kept right up with the F355, barely kept up with the 360 Modena (he is pulling away very gently, an inch at a time.). And got smoked by a Twin turbos NSX, he is a few car lengths in front of me by the time we hit 100 mph.

I am very happy with what my stock GTR can do, just can't wait to get some mod. :D

Those Ferrari sounds absolutely amazing, the 360 have aftermarket exhaust system on, it is REALLY loud :eek:

Jeff :smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Sounds like fun Jeff - a rather nice set of cars to "play" with.

Obviously you have some nice un-used, completely speed free roads over there ;)

Get a "re-match" when you're modded :D

Daz

S

·
0 Posts
Right that is it, I am weak... I admit it, I want to be in Southern California with a 34 racing Ferraris.

;)

Seriously, nice one Jeff... sounds like an idyllic life you lead matey:) - .... you did record it on DVcam though didnt you ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,

I posted my experience figure it is something fun for everyone to read :)

Daz GTI-R.........people here do drive pretty nice cars, and we do have some wide open empty road for us to speed on, just have to watch out for the police. Yes a "re-match" would be fun, especially when I tell them all those power I gain was just from an exhaust system. :D

Richie, senna...........one thing I did forgot was a camera..........oh well, it would be fun to take some pictures with those cars, there is always next time.

senna.........yes my life is pretty nice right now, I really enjoy it, it would be good as long as I have my job :p

Thanks for the kind words guys. One thing I like to say is, people on this board is SO MUCH nicer then most other car forum, there are nothing but idiot and jackass on other car forum, Dino knows :(

Jeff

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
bnr34vspec2

Crank up that Boost to 1.2 and try again lol :)
I myself am dieng to try out with a Modena I wanna KILL IT DO YOU HEAR ME KILL IT LET GO OF ME LEMME JUMP THOSE GUYS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts