GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Abi,
I'm from church village in South Wales and the guys on the skyline owners forum pointed me to try on here too.
I'm getting married on 26 July and my future groom is an avid skyline fan, I'm trying to arrange the ultimate surprise by trying to get him too the church in his dream car.
I have looked to try and hire one for him, but can't find any local firms. I'm more than happy to pay someone who would be kind enough to help a damsel in distress.
Many thanks
Abi x

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
An older Skyline GTR (R32, R33, R34) or the current Nissan GTR (R35)?

Might help to clarify so you get the car you want if anyone is able to volunteer

·
Registered
683 Posts
Would be interesting to see if anyone takes up this offer.

Personally I wouldn't due to the threat of a car jacking or worse.

I am from London though so my level of trust in people is quite low.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts

It happens quite often actually on here, I reckon about 5 posts a year atleast, ok not that often then actually..

I receive pm's about similar stuff espically during prom time

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope so, it's only a short trip from the house to the wedding I would say easily less than 10 miles and I just want to make the day special for him too x

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

That's an extreme case of paranoia Sinth, she just wants a helping hand.

Would hate to live in London if that's what it does to people.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
That's an extreme case of paranoia Sinth, she just wants a helping hand.

Would hate to live in London if that's what it does to people.
I suspect sinth is working more on the basis that Abi South Wales is possibly a 28 stone baseball bat wielding car jack ninja rather than sweet little abi who is getting married soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I promise I'm not a 28 stone baseball player, just a little welsh girl looking for a helping hand to try surprise the other half x

·
R35 Section manager
11,088 Posts
What part of Wales do you need the car Abi?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Church Village, it's in between Pontypridd and Cardiff. No lol he's not a 28 stone baseball player. He's does play basketball though lol, so more tall and skinny x

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Abi, to help members decide if they can help you out perhaps a few more details like what's the order of the day? What time is it required for? will you want wedding decoration (ribbons etc)? Colour preference?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No real need for wedding dec's or ribbons and no preference on colour. The wedding is at 2.30pm so he would need to be there just before, we live about approximately 5 miles away. Google maps says it would take around 13 mins to get too. And it's just a one way journey, as the wedding and reception etc is all in the same place x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No preference on colour and no real need for ribbons as I think the car will impress him enough. The wedding venue is approximately 5 miles from the house. And google maps says it's will take approximately 15 mins to get there. The wedding and reception etc is all in the same place so it's only the one trip. And he would need to be at there for 2.30pm x

·
R35 Section manager
11,088 Posts
Church Village, it's in between Pontypridd and Cardiff. No lol he's not a 28 stone baseball player. He's does play basketball though lol, so more tall and skinny x

Ok I am about 3.5hours from you but if you dont get a offer I will see what I can do nearer the time.

I'm sure someone is closer than 3.5hrs that can do this though!?

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Placed on the GTROC facebook site as well!
See if anyone else is closer but well done Treg!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts