GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i'm Rich, i am looking at buying a Skyline R32 GTR V spec II, the one i am looking at has 53k on the clock, and a few mods, please click the link to have a look, i really have no idea when it comes to imports or skylines, i am very close to signing on the line for this car, if you see or feel i shouldnt and anythin you can tell me to look out for before i buy will be much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks everyone, Rich

County Cars of Strood - Nissan*SKYLINE R32 GTR

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm afraid it's not a V-Spec II:mad:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it defintely not?, it seems the same spec as another V Spec II i looked at?
you had one i see, what are they like? fuel etc? cheers mate

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
most skylines are not that good on fuel mate, thats one downside of skyline ownership. mine is quite heavily modfied and see about 14 mpg, not sure what other members get with theres.
still an awsome car though, dont really mind about the MPG lol

·
Registered
820 Posts
it looks a nice clean R32 but not to keen on the bodykit and the wheels!! IMO? dont rush into anything there seems to be a lot of skyline's coming up for sale at the moment! not sure why? but make sure you have a good look round before signing on the X...................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, the thing is this car comes with four new tyres, new cambelt fitted, M.O.T, Service and a years warranty, so i thought it mite be good to buy because of warranty etc???

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would not say it's a V-Spec 2 either, I don't believe they made them until early 1994. The picture's a bit crappy but neither does it look like it has Brembo's.
Don't let the V-Spec thing put you off, but I would say new suspension should be at the top of the list if you buy it ;-)

·
Registered
820 Posts
what does the warranty cover?? but dont get me wrong its a real nice car and im shore it's proberley been well looked after. i've found out people go look at a skyline get carried away with thinking they could have it. and just sign away.... (i know this. i've done it!!..).

how long have you been looking and how many skylines have you looked at?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have been looking a couple of months, and really fancy a R32 GTR, and i like the v-spec, this is the only one in a dealer in my area, or i can fresh import one from faversham, i really want a warranty with one because if something goes i need support etc, money and advice!

·
Registered
820 Posts
i wanted warranty but check what it covers Ive got a feeling they don't cover much
i know someone who got an R33 GTR and had nothing but trouble with it and once the garage had his money they didn't want to have anything to do with him! all they said OOoo! it doesn't cover that, OOoo! have you been on track days!:blahblah: Not worth the paper they are writen on!!;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my dream r32 gtr would be a standard one, i think i am going to fresh import, this is prob better idea isnt it, where did u guys get ur cars from???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys your all being really helpful, i think i will give the original car a miss, and shop around alot more and have a few meetings with importers to make sure i get the pefect car! where you guys get your cars from???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts