GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have not driven my car in the dark for a while seeing as it is summer. But last night was out in it late and realised when put the headlights on that the rear lights and dash lights dont work, i have checked all fuses and all ok any suggestions please.

Many Thanks John

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi

I has the same problem mate and it was a fuse in the boot so if it's not fuses i'm not too sure but maybe you never checked back there. Think it was caused by my stereo not being earthed properly.

More technical people can probably offer more useful advice.

Good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should add its an R32. I have just had my stereo fitted. Would the stereo not being earthed properly affect the fuse keep being blown?? The stereo has been professionally fitted and not by halfords!!

Thanks John

·
Registered
207 Posts
Indeed it would mate - from what i've found on the forums this is mostly the cause

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
the illumination wire has been atached when it shouldn't of been

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep it was a bad earth they had to create a new earth. when the stereo went on the lights went off, they couldnt run simultaneously!!

Sorted now can drive in dark am happy!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have the same problem with my R32, oh well, one of the first things a Skyline n00b learns eh? :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
i have this on mine , but found when i press the foglight switch on the dash , lights on dash, plus rear lights come on. dont ask me why it came like this,:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts