·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is located in the footwell of the driverside above the pedals and it is connected to the CAS and to a pod which enrich the fuel I think. Also connected to the alternator for power I think and am not sure where else connected to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't be as I am running a Apexi avcr. I think it is some fuel mixture enricher of some sort but would like to know what it is and does

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It has rs232 ports for either programming or logging.

If the pipe isn't connected to anything and simply vents to atmosphere could it be connected to an atmospheric pressure sensor. If so maybe it's something to do with enriching the mixture at altitude? maybe the previous owner lived in the mountains?

Or maybe it's a redundant bit of kit no longer used and the pipe used to connect to boost pressure?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Well firstly it is old. The components are not even surface mount devices. I was already on Malcolm's path in that with the two RS232's I wondered if it was some form of data logging device. The pipe may have been used to 'read' boost as averse to control it, any idea where the other end was connected too.

Its also novel that it has that 'heat sink' structure as there does not seem to be much in there to get hot. One 8bit Analogue to Digital converter, a couple of ATMEL AVR's maybe? Plus a few I/C's.

DaveG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The other end of the pipe is connected to the intake manifold so it must be either reading boost /vacuum? and no no name or numbers or anything as can be seen on the photos not even on the pc board, very frustrating. All work on the car was done in uk before the car was shipped to South Africa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts