GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok need help urgently,

i have a R33 RB25det and last night we fitted my boost controller, everything went as plan untill it came to the test run, on hitting boost at about 5 grand it cut out what seems to be the vsv (fuel cut off) does anyone know about this or have experienced the same problem??

it's quite worrying but i know you guys can help me, i hope.

thanks in advance, Ant. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thoughts

Just a complete stab in the dark. Is a fuel cut defender required? Think some cars will cut boost as a safety measure if ECU detects its above a certain limit. I've also read RB26 will cut /retard ignition if Knock sensors detect detonation (too much boost?). Don't know about RB25
These are just ideas.
Don't want you to think no one is bothering :)

Think getting the ECU mapped is the way to go that way fueling and timing can be adjusted to suit. Or if on a budget (who isn't :D ) maybe HKS AFR or similar.
When you add up FCD+AFR its probably about same as remap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
agree with above, if you have fitted a MBC & are exceeding the factory boost levels you will encounter fuel cut. Fitting a defender will get u around this but be sure all is well with fuelling, otherwise meltdown is imminent...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apparently i need to by-pass the vsv unit, then all will be fine, it's a digital controller with a build in boost cut off in it.

so hopefully tonight we will have sorted it :D

cheers guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so did it work ? i think i got the same problem so wheres the unit i need to bypass and how do i do it
cheers grabber

·
Registered
381 Posts
I went out other week and set my boost, I can run at 0.725ish and everything is fine no problems... but when I up it a bit more to abot 0.8 it hits fuel cut just like yours. The highest i can set the timer is .725 and thats never hit fuel cut even upon spiking!!

this is the safest way to have it like everone else had said without other mods you can knacker it !!

I run @ 0.5 and thats good enough!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts