GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a simple one but how do I remove the airflow meters for cleaning??? I'm stuck at work with a car that won't rev over 2500 RPM and a 50 mile journey home. This happened last year and cleaning the airflow sensors cured it (SE Nissan did it last time):(

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Presuming you know what they look like, unplug them and using an 8mm socket or ring spanner, undo the jubilee clip turbo side of the afm's, remove them then undo the 4 10mm bolts holding the filters/pipes on.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ever so much Peter. Presumably then you are left with a section of pipe with the airflow sensor inside and the square box with the electronics in on top?

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Sorry Dan, been out. You should just be left with the afms, the black square/round tube with mesh at either end. You can use brake cleaner, hold them vertically, just squirt it in and let it drain out/evaporate. Hope it sorts your problem out. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Peter

Not something I can do at work so I will have to limp home and fix it tonight. Sounds straightforward enough though:)

Cheers

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts