GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has occurred to me that anybody visiting this forum only gets a bad impression of a GT-R with all the problems posted So I would like to correct that by having people post the mileage that the car has covered with them and had no problems. Like myself :) so my car is a 59 plat I covered 5000 miles in 4 months since owning the car and I have had no problems at all it has a stage one Litchfield turn and latest gearbox software and I have only ever launched it twice.

Regards
Tim

·
Registered
808 Posts
2010 car 20000 miles been stage 4 for 3000 of them , no problems at all in the 18 months I have had it

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
2009 car , 28k miles, never missed a beat. Literally nothing.

It's not as well built as my ISF was but it is über reliable

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has occurred to me that anybody visiting this forum only gets a bad impression of a GT-R with all the problems posted So I would like to correct that by having people post the mileage that the car has covered with them and had no problems. Like myself :) so my car is a 59 plat I covered 5000 miles in 4 months since owning the car and I have had no problems at all it has a stage one Litchfield turn and latest gearbox software and I have only ever launched it twice.

Regards
Tim
I forgot to say what milage my car has done 21534

·
Registered
302 Posts
Late 2010 car, 35k miles, no problems whatsoever, except for a misted headlight which was replaced under warranty. The bellhousing is rattling a bit now, but not too bad yet...

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Did 20000 miles in 2 years in mine before I sold it. Was running stage 4 with DPs for a year.

Never had any issues. Did a sprint and a couple of trackdays aswell

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
2010 late one 20k with no probs at all.

Bobby

·
Ooo Matron !
2,363 Posts
It has occurred to me that anybody visiting this forum only gets a bad impression of a GT-R with all the problems posted
But that's true for any car forum. Read the Noble forum on PH and you'll leave with the impression that every single car ever made is failing to bits -you'd never buy one ! It's the same with the Aston Martin forum on PH as well (but maybe not quite as bad).

It's like visiting the doctor - your don't make an appointment with you GP to tell them you are feeling fine !

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Other than.

Steering column ecu failure
Gearbox solenoid issue
Gearbox shift fork snapping
Rear struts leaking
Display unit failure
Bell housing rattle
Electrical fault

Mines been flawless in my 2 and half years

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
36,000 miles in my first 2009 GT-R with no issues apart from one bellhousing bearing that was replaced under warranty.

43,000 miles in my second MY11 GT-R which has been modified by Litchfield's to stage 4.5 with upgraded brakes and suspension. Three headlights replaced under warranty and two bellhousing bearings. One gear box sensor went which was a one off and other than a high investment in Litchfield's which was my choice, no other issues.

I would add that I probably have the car serviced more than it should and more fluid changes than most other cars purely because I use the car, as it was designed, on track a lot.

In my opinion, no other car would have taken the abuse I give it other than a GT-R, and at 36,000 miles I decided to change the engine and have the gearbox rebuilt as a precaution. Quite simply, it wasn't necessary as when inspected, there was a perfect engine with one loose timing chain tensioner in the engine and the gearbox was spot on.

Some on the forum know how much I use the car on track and this was the perfect test to see how the R35 GT-R had faired under harsh conditions, and the answer was simple - it coped better than anyone expected.

If you track a car a lot then consumable costs will rise such as brake discs and pads, tyres, and all fluids that need changing. Windscreens are a consumable with me and as long as the OEM Nissan ones are fitted there is no problem.

To summarise, if you use it a lot on track then expect to spend a lot on consumables, and if you use it as a daily drive then you will have one of the most reliable road cars with incredible performance on the roads today - just maintain it as per the manufacturers schedule.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But that's true for any car forum. Read the Noble forum on PH and you'll leave with the impression that every single car ever made is failing to bits -you'd never buy one ! It's the same with the Aston Martin forum on PH as well (but maybe not quite as bad).

It's like visiting the doctor - your don't make an appointment with you GP to tell them you are feeling fine !
I know exactly what you're saying and I agree with you 100% about forums but it's just nice and a bit reassuring to have a thread where you can actually see where cars haven't developed any problems

·
Registered
212 Posts
2010 - No issues been brilliant. Did Rico Rally in it and with audis r8's and Bentleys having problems, shows the car is built for purpose!

·
Registered
875 Posts
2009 model, bought it a year ago stage 1, put about 15k miles on it since then including 2 track days and a lot of strain on 6 days of cat driver courses at milbrook and bruntingthorpe, the car has been reliable so far, ive started getting a few peoblems lately but thats since ive modified it.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
4 years and 21k miles mostly at stage 4 and 5.

Bellhousing replaced and that's it

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Out of all these cars only 1, yes only 1 has done over 30,000

Up until 29500 miles my car was also flawless and amazing.

Then gearbox issues twice!
and the normal bellhousing replacement.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Out of all these cars only 1, yes only 1 has done over 30,000

Up until 29500 miles my car was also flawless and amazing.

Then gearbox issues twice!
and the normal bellhousing replacement.
That's a good point you wouldn't class 30,000 miles is a lot would you
My RS4 b5 had done 179500 when I sold it

1 - 20 of 64 Posts