GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way you can do somthing to an R35's brakes to stop the squeaking a low speed, its so annoying. I want to pull up at the lights in town in style like "yer GTR is here now, wanna go if you think you fast enough" but instead i pull up and it like SQUEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! oh poo!! then duck down and look at the nearest banger and pretend it was them squeaking not me in my Pride and joy.

i mean when i got temperature in them there alright 4 a while and dont squeak, but to do this i got go on my local industrial estate and do a 70mph-0mph with my foot full on the break. Then they dont squeak for bit, but i cant do this every time i wanna stop them squeaking.

Helpppp Peeps

1800miles now if it helps

Laterzzzz

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have not received my car yet but having driven numerous Porsches over the years, all equipped with various version of Pagid Orange/Yellow pads, you just have to deal with it.

Pads that have operating temperature ranges that will support track-style heat loading are going to squeek and not be desparately effective when cold or not used firmly.

Others may differ. I don't know what these pads are.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Some suggestions (worth the paper they are written on)

Get a louder exhaust
Keep your windows up
Turn up your stereo
Stop worrying what other people think and enjoy the car.

To be honest for me to hear my squeaking brakes i have to have window open, and stereo turned down. Even then i couldn't care less about the sound the brakes make. As long as they work, and they do, very well.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Personally I think there is more in the GTR akin with a Race car than most and for this you have to expect noises here and there.

I'm sure less aggressive pads would probably stop the noise, but offset this with warranty issues and poorer braking and I know what I prefer.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Some suggestions (worth the paper they are written on)

Get a louder exhaust
Keep your windows up
Turn up your stereo
Stop worrying what other people think and enjoy the car.

To be honest for me to hear my squeaking brakes i have to have window open, and stereo turned down. Even then i couldn't care less about the sound the brakes make. As long as they work, and they do, very well.
+1 :chuckle:

Honestly, it's a racecar, the massive breaks are noisy sometimes. Whocares, it belongs to a racecar really!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HMMMM louder, big, sexier exhast i am liking this idea alot no nasty noise only nice noises. :bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
HMMMM louder, big, sexier exhast i am liking this idea alot no nasty noise only nice noises. :bowdown1:
And when you're pulling to a stop, slip the car into neutral and blip the throttle. Nobody will hear the brakes. They'll only hear the delicious rumble of godzilla* :D

*note aftermarket exhaust required. Please consult your HPC and Warranty booklet before purchasing. Rev may goes down as well as up. Past performance is no indicator of future performance especially if you read Ben's posts. etc.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Revs may go up as well as down - nice! :thumbsup:

As for the brakes, yes they can be a bit squeally but as said above its just like a race car - 'they all do that sir' !!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I do wonder sometimes what it takes to make some folks happy......

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is there any way you can do somthing to an R35's brakes to stop the squeaking a low speed, its so annoying. I want to pull up at the lights in town in style like "yer GTR is here now, wanna go if you think you fast enough" but instead i pull up and it like SQUEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! oh poo!! then duck down and look at the nearest banger and pretend it was them squeaking not me in my Pride and joy.

i mean when i got temperature in them there alright 4 a while and dont squeak, but to do this i got go on my local industrial estate and do a 70mph-0mph with my foot full on the break. Then they dont squeak for bit, but i cant do this every time i wanna stop them squeaking.

Helpppp Peeps

1800miles now if it helps

Laterzzzz
I have 4000 miles and it is getting louder still.

Porsche can make quiet brakes (even on their more track oriented cars like the GT3). I don't see why Nissan can't.

In agreement with you completely. It does my head in too!!

...Mad

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello everyone! I've posted this reply in another forum here on GTROC (not the brakes/tyres/etc section,) so in case you do not see my reply I wanted to post it here as well. The simple answer to get rid of squeaking is a set of Carbotech 1521 Bobcat pads for the street, which also allows you to swap to a set of Carbotech XP12 pads for the track without having to resurface the rotor. Here was my post:

Hey guys, if you want the best of both world's (slightly better stopping power than factory along with no noise and less dust,) then you'll want to purchase a set of Carbotech 1521 Bobcat brake pads. These are Carbotech's entry level brake pad for street use, and our second best seller next to the XP12 track pads. Our clients rave about their great performance and quiet operation, not to mention they are very rotor friendly! Standard brake pads are made of iron and carbon, which form carbide. Carbide is used in metal cutting tools, so you can imagine what they do to your rotors! Carbotech uses a proprietary organic material that is lighter than semi-metallic brake dust, and also has better heat tolerance properties, making it a win-win situation.

Here are our Carbotech front brake pads:
https://www.speedforsale.com/nissan...-p-699.html?osCsid=adkd3e4e47ecsbf74m35clbpj0

And here are the rears:
https://www.speedforsale.com/nissan...-p-700.html?osCsid=adkd3e4e47ecsbf74m35clbpj0

However, you should NOT put any brake pad on your stock rotors other than the stock pad, due to the fact that the stock rotors are already bedded with the stock pad's metallic material, and therefore will not mate (bed) properly with the new brake pad compound. So, we also offer a COMPLETE street brake package which includes AP Racing J-hook rotors front and rear, Carbotech 1521 Bobcat brake pads front and rear, a set of DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines, and 2x bottles of Motul RBF600 DOT4 brake fluid for $2790 plus shipping:
https://www.speedforsale.com/nissan...p-1162.html?osCsid=adkd3e4e47ecsbf74m35clbpj0

We are a leading Carbotech dealer for the GT-R market, and are happy to help if anyone has any questions! For those of you who track your GT-R, we recommend the Carbotech XP12 brake pads. However, due to elevated levels of noise and dust some people will swap the pads back to the Carbotech 1521 Bobcats for street use, as the material from both of these pads will interchange on the same rotor with no need to lathe/cut/turn the rotors.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
strangely enough the demo car we took out a couple fo weeks back also suffered from brake squeal. and come to mention it, it was always at low speed, particularly, i recall, when approaching junctions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts