GTR Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
fabian,

Does your analysis consider the stop start effect of the real flow present in each runner when the engine is running?

What have you done to consider the pulsed reflections from the end of each inlet runner.

When tuning a pipe system, there will be reflections from any point where the velocity suddenly changes.

The inlet manifold design under consideration appears to make no attempt to reflect the pulses off the far side of the plenum back to the inlet runners to benefit from the available reflected energy.

Thanks

Hugh

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have not done more analysis yet, but I will start again this afternoon.
I will have to simulate the pulsating effect that the opening and closing of the intake valves causes. I dont know exactly how to simulate that, but I'll try. And about the pulse tuning effect, do you mean tuning the runner lengts? it does not have such a large effect on turbocharged engines, equal pressure is more important for turbo performance. Since turbo charger flows mess up a bit of the effect. And pulse tuning does only give good effects at a certain rpm and intake lenght, wich I find not attractive because the required intake lenghts will add more volume to the intake wich causes more lag, something I am trying to reduce to a minimum. My main goal is to achieve eqal pressures in the intake runners so each cilinder inhales an equal mass of air. I will certainly have to take the pressure pulses in consideration, but I have no intention in using the pulses to deliver extra cilinder filling as that effect has too much limitations. I do want to equalize the effects caused by it. There are so many factors to keep in mind, it takes a lot time to test and compromize things.

thanks for the feedback

fabian alink

·
Registered
379 Posts
Twin Plenum Vs Stock

fabian,

To understand which plenum is better in terms performance why not create a 3D model of the stock plenum and carry out a side by side comparison with the twin design? This may make the calculations simpler as you wont need to take into consideration all the other variable e.g pulse effects, ram air etc as you will be comparing like for like?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I would like to dramw and compare the stock manifold to mine but I have no skyline gtr or rb26dett. So i dont have the dimensions or the parts.
If you send me a manifold I could do it ;)
If anyone has rb26 parts they dont need, feel free to send them :)

cheers

fabian

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry, I know this thread is a bit old but I'm interested in the double plenum design. Did you reach a conclusion whether there is any advantage/loss over a one-piece plenum?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It is an old thread, but not dead haha.. I'm still here haha I'll pick it up again as soon as I have time for it.

Cheers

41 - 47 of 47 Posts