GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any pics of the plenum when its off, the under side, so i can see what i need to remove to get it off, the gaskets are foookt how nice, cheers. D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Nasty job mate, did it just a couple of weeks ago...didnt take a pic of the plenum itself, but did take a pic of the engine with plenum removed, might give you an idea of whats underneath..

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hay up

HI, any chance you can pm me your number, for a kwik chat about it, i am doing a sprint this sunday at curborough, lichfield, poss 20 miles from you, may be you can come over, makes a good afternoon there is about 75 cars racing, with 9 in my class, gtr, evo,s scoobs, porsche, quattro , ect, free entry & a snap van too,:) tar for the pic, cheers. D

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
You know, it always amazes me when I see pics like that. I mean, WHY WHY WHY, did Mr Nissan stick the bl00dy oil filter way down in amongst all that pipework. Maybe Japanese mechanics have tiny hands :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
BTW, good luck at the sprint Drewby. Was thinking of starting something like that myself.

TT

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yo

yeh, start doing it, its a great laff, i am at harewood in leeds, 2 week after curborough, get ya self over, not too far from you, if you need any info how to get goin let me know, hay you can come & race me, :) cheers. D

·
Registered
412 Posts
does this help ?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/daz2206/P10100751.jpg

if you drop the 3 12 or 13mm bolts you may have to remove drivers front wheel to get them back (i searched for an hour with an extending magnet and eventually removed the wheel and it was sat in the hole where the drive shaft comes through) the 10mm bolt on cylinder 5 port was the hardest to get and i didnt bother putting it back in afterwards because it felt quite solid without it. hope this helps, i have more pics if needed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JOB DONE,

Not a fun job, thanks for the pics, doffo helped, good to do the work your self, like a gtr owner should,,, did my plenum blue at the same time, looks tops, cheers. D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts