GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was told splitfire were rubbish?

No offence....:eek: :)

So do you guys recommed them?

I was under the impression that NGK stage 9-10 coldness plugs were the best...

I know for certain the HKS/Blitz/Greddy plugs arn't worth any extra as they are just rebadged Denso's which are probably NGK's!! :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
non taken.i ask about the gap coz it says on the box the plugs came in, for gapping info consult vehicle handbook.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
gap

Johnnyboy,
check all the gaps are the same I think from memory this will be about 30 thou, the critics of splitfires if you haven tried them then you are missing out on a standardish skyline they will give you an noticable increase in low down power due to the fact they burn more of the unburnt fuel that exists in your engines, up to a point they are short of brilliant but unfortunatly due to the fact they have a limited heat range equivalent to about NGK 8 I have personally stopped using them, I ran them to 666 bhp and 515 ftlb torque and was dissapointed when I asked splitfire for a colder plug they could not fullfill my wishes , so adopted the fact that if I could not run them in my car then I should not run them in anyone elses and so STOPPED useing them, I currently run the GREEDY plug which is a NGK as it has full heat range available and was obtained from tim at SVS but am soon to try the HKS racing range of plugs.
Note I had HKS plugs in my car at the time it expired.
Gary
GT-ART
Bottom end built:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks gary.my car's fairly standard with an apexi induction kit an unknown make of catless, very loud exhaust and a slight increase in boost.so i think they will do for me!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Needed some new plugs (standard car) and have been trying to get some for a while now. Found some local to me at a car spares place. You wouldn't believe the number of places that don't stock NGKR's in the correct Skyline heat range etc. Then when I found some they were between £15 and £17 each! :rolleyes:

Still, I now have a handy supplier at £7.94 plus VAT per plug. I believe that this is quite reasonable ;) If anyone else needs them I can give you the number of the wholesalers

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts