GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone know what the connector is located on the underside of the steering wheel on a 1998 R33 v-spec?? I noticed them yesterday and have no idea what they are for....
H.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, sorrry.
it is just the underside of steering wheel, when wheel is of course straight and level. just behind airbag.
H.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the one I have question about is most visible when steering wheel is turned to the point of having "SRS" writing on face of steering wheel upside down. It is the white connector on the steering wheel. I think they are correct that it is the diagnostic connector, since their are none anywhere else that I can see.
H.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
H,

The socket for the consono diagnostic tool is down level with the fusebox on the right hand side of the steering wheel but level with your knee when you are sitting in the launch position !!

if this socket is on the steering wheel/column , maybe I read wrong, it isn't part of the diagnostic stuff they use for the service/fault finding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SteveC.
Have you ever noticed the white socket connector on the underside of your steering wheel? Look at yours please, if you would. As I said easiest way to view it is to turn wheel til level but upside down-slight turn either way. I may be missing a cover or something, maybe you'll notice a cover, where mine is missing.
H.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I kind of thought I might have been missing a cover or something, thanks.

Tried to stick my "tool" in it to test it, but it was too big; my insertion "tool" that is.... :p
H.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Had a word with some of my mechanic mates...

nobody is too sure but the hot favourites for this were...

1.something to do with the airbag... I'm not convinced of this as there is nothing plugged into it.

2. the sterring wheel angle sensor for the hicass system...

just (educated guesses)

hope this helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i know

if it is on the sterring whell then it means a cover is missing
if it is under the sterring wheel and near the fuses with a white connector it is the dionogstic connector

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
No it is not necessarily a missing cover as it is hidden by the steering wheel when you are driving and you have to look for it to find it.

rotate your steering wheel 180 degrees then look at the boss under the top (now bottom ) of the steering wheel itself there are two 5mm ish sockets about 4 cm apart.

this is definately not the consono plug in port...

/Steve

·
Registered
662 Posts
Speaking of "funny" plugs

... Someday when you are bored, take apart your plastic trim under the steering wheel and you will also find a connector near the fusebox that has nothing plugged in to it...

I spent hours finding wierd stuff under my steering and behind the stereo section of the car, when I had to change my head unit.. if anyone is interested, I took photos too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts