1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 800+ bhp GTR R32 I bought a set of

HKS Super Fire Racing Spark Plug S Series, ISO Type, Heat Range 9 ,

I have since been imform these are not the correct plug for my setup,
This is the info i received, when I asked about these plugs from a local tuner, when I asked what was the difference between the the ISO and the JIC

There are resistors in one of them and the other type doesn't have resistors. The RB26 specifically uses a JIS type plug rather than ISO.

Misfires if you are lucky, blown coilpacks / ECU if you are not.

The car seems to run fine on the HKS Super Fire Racing Spark Plug S Series, ISO Type, Heat Range 9

But if the could blow the coil packs or ECU, I would like to have them out of there now.

Can any of the experts, shed some light on this please.
No guessing please, only give an answer if you know what your talking about please, I don't want to be forking out on a new ECU.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
For your spec and power of the engine you should be running, Racing NGK R7436-10, expensive but worth every penny. About £150 for a set of 6, thats at trade price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone must know the difference, I was told there is no resistor in the ISO type and there is a resistor in the JIS type anyone anything about this ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Lightspeed,

thats what I was looking for :popcorn:

Resistor plugs for race engines

It is strongly recommended resistor spark plugs be used in any motor that has on-board computer systems to monitor or control engine performance. Use of a non-resistor plug in certain applications can actually cause the engine to suffer undesirable side effects such as an erratic idle, high-rpm misfire, engine run-on, power drop off at certain rpm levels and abnormal combustion. Resistor plugs are also recommended on any vehicle that has other on-board electronic systems such as, two-way radios, GPS systems, depth finders or whenever recommended by the manufacturer.

Resistor

At the moment the spark jumps the gap it causes a high frequency burst of energy, this is known as RFI (radio frequency interference). This is why resistor spark plugs were introduces in the mid 1960's. Placing a resistor within the spark plug suppresses the RFI. Without resistor plugs in your car you can experience

Looks like I will be getting plugs with a resistor in em,

Cheers all

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment the spark jumps the gap it causes a high frequency burst of energy, this is known as RFI (radio frequency interference). This is why resistor spark plugs were introduces in the mid 1960's. Placing a resistor within the spark plug suppresses the RFI. Without resistor plugs in your car you can experience static on your radio as well as interference with other sensitive electronic equipment. Some later model vehicles as well as newer Powersport engines must use resistor plugs for a proper "talkback" to the electronic ignition.

missed some sorry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts