GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night the 32 decided she was not going to play ball anymore... she would not idle and the more I drove it the lass she liked it... so tonight I thought I would pull the plugs and take a looksee.... this is what I found ( note No 5) what would cause this.... i know it has been using a shit load of fuel ( about a full tank to get 160 miles) ....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony

Them injectors are more trouble than they are worth.... any idea on what i can do....?

419 Posts
Either

get them cleaned and tested or buy some new ones before you need a piston as well.

Tony

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It might be my eyesight - getting old - but the plug gaps are none too tight, what do they measure?

I'm with Tony, it looks like the injectors are past their sell buy date - stitch in time and all that

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Injectors are newish and only covered 1000 miles since may....Will get the gauge out to measure the gap tomorrow...

419 Posts
We

Put new injectors on the Asnu machine and they dont always flow correctly,particularly if they are full of inhibitor! If the injectors are fine I would be looking at the wave forms at the injector plugs with a scope.

Plug gaps do look a little wide, but if you have the spark performance what the hell.

Tony

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark checked the injectors for me in June to see that they sealed correctly in the rail... not sure if the were flow checked....

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Maybe only bad plugs?? I would change them to new ones,re-gap them to a smaller gap and drive the car for a few miles,then check the plugs again.

If they look the same,change the injector number 5 and 6 to see it its the injector,repeat the plugtest again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts