GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get caught by a speed camera and end up gitting points and a fine, will the points add extra to your insurance premium..?

I got caught doing 49 in a 40 limit by a sneaky little twat in a plain van with a camera in the back... bastid thing is I remeber seeing him after he'd done me... This is the very first time I have ever been caught.... I am gutted...?

·
Registered
520 Posts
You'll end up with 3 points I suspect, which doesn't normally effect your insurance. Get any more and it will though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
PMJ...Where was the camera van???
I saw a camera van by the running horse roundabout the other day........sneaky twats.:mad:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Van

Almost hidden in the trees , I saw him a few hours earlier... This camera I beleive was a revenue generator... as there were no schools / houses or anything within a mile.... also there was a satic camera less than 200yds away... buggers:mad:

·
Registered
194 Posts
It may affect your insurance slightly, mine went up by a few pounds when I got my first 3 points, its when you get higher than the SP30's they tend to add more on

·
Registered
268 Posts
Was he hidden in the tree's could you not see him??

If so then this should be void as all Police must show themselves by law. I know someone who was let off after a bike caught him but there were no signs and he was around some wall....

Gits! :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
All speed camers & coppers with LT20/20's must by law now be in plain sight, not undercover, not hidden or obstructed. There must also be speed camera signs displayed on the road in question for (xxx yards) a distance in front of the place you were caught.
However, they can still hide GATSO's beside road signs, they are getting away with the excuse that it's a conveniant source of power, WHAT and they couldn't run a cable for a metre!!!
Ask the old bill to come to court and prove that they were in plain view and in a marked car with speed camera signs up and i'll bet they don't turn up. they didn't when I went to court (£10 fine for no seat belt, £40 for talking on phone)

P

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good week for GTR drivers

Got a letter my self yesterday 38 in a 30 limit going to JAE it seems, I didn't see the camera or police car !

It will know doubt replace the three point that expired last month....

And I'm a very carefull driver as well :mad:

Weston

1 - 8 of 8 Posts