GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......you know the ones with the rear window removed and a camera looking out the back that they park on the side of the road.

My question is which way are they attempting to trap people, is it driving towards the rear of the van on the other side of the road, or driving away from it on the same side of the road i.e. are they photographing the front or the back of the cars ?

Just that if its the front, ive probably just got 3 points (cops cashing in on bloomin' gold cup week round here :mad: )

For the locals, its on the Tewkesbury road just before the M5 junction 10 heading OUT of Cheltenham. Also just before junc 9 of the M5 heading south (where the race traffic is being sent) theres an unmarked car and a camera on the bridge :(

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
Yeah it is normally the front of cars...though I guess as long as there aren't any barriers in the way they could do either, bad luck mate.
T

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Don't they do the front these days so you can say it was you wife/mother etc driving to take the points. I sen one of them the other day going flat out, I think it might of been chasing someone with the lights going etc :eek:

·
Registered
743 Posts
The cameras are looking at the front of oncoming vehicles passing through a fixed point on the road & with current technology crossing to another lane or even worse the other side of the road won't help you !!!

Its here if the operators bored or later on if there doing speed checks when they play back the footage as your car passes the fixed point. It brings up a display of details including your speed & the recording is paused & then printed off. This is then sent to the relevant department to start the admin trail & send out your notice of intended prosecution.

If there road tax checking its a similar system but is usually carried out by the HIGHWAYS authority & not Police as road tax offences apart from failure to display is enforced by the DVLA.

Hope that helps !!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opinion is the front then. oh $*@#!
I was slowing down...(honest officer)..it just depends where the point on the road was :(

·
Registered
743 Posts
Well fingers crossed for you buddy, I was snagged by a GATSO this time last year for the first time ever in my old RS & was only just over the limit but enough to trigger the bloody thing :mad:

Lets hope they were swapping tapes at the time or something !!!

If you've not heard within fourteen days from the actual event, which is the legal amount of time the officer has in charge of the case to serve you with notice of intended prosecution, you can breathe easy again :p

Good luck !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts