GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice required, I have just ordered a porta cable style polisher, and now need to order some quality polishing products.
Question one, What products would you advise I buy to achieve that deep shine that some owners have posted pictures of?
Question two, What advice you would give for best results upon application, I:E Order of application for different products, time between applications etc, etc.
Any advice greatly appriciated

Thanks Roly

·
Registered
562 Posts
Roly,

I have not used a machine but use Joffs or another carbanna (excuse the spelling) based wax. The more you use it the better the shine, its as simple as that. Fantastic stuff in my opinion which gives a glass like shine. You can get it, dare I say it,,,, on ebay.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Give Alex Creasey a PM. He is the polishing guru on here, his company Serious Performance stocks pukka porter cable polishing kits :cool:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/66666-detailing-kits-porter-cable.html#post589248

click on the link above for info and in the link click on the link 'A good clean up' and he goes through step by step instructions of how he uses it.

Excellent products and advice are all you'll get from Alex. :bowdown1:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
PC 7424

Your products should depend on the condition of your car.Do the basics first like a full wash and dry down. After this decide if your car needs a clay bar run over it to get rid of contaminants.Again a full wash and dry( not always needed ). Time to have a good look at your paint condition, for minor swirls etc try the Poorboys SSR range and always go the least abrasive on your pad and product first, this will determine if you need to go more abrasive or not.After this again it will depend on your preference and colour/condition of your car.Take your time and get used to the pads/products and varying speeds of your machine.I have been using mine and perfecting the tequnique over the past few years so have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Advise guys, Alex Creaseys products look to be what im after, Kit 2 on the link looks to have everything needed unless anyone thinks theres something missing?

Roly

·
Registered
552 Posts
It is worth talking to Alex Creasy Direct as his knowledge and advice is worth every penny.

Alex! we are not worthy:bowdown1: :bowdown1: Keep up the good work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts