GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started polishing my plenum and going to be doing my cam covers afterwards.

I have managed to rub certain areas of it down with some 50 Grit Emery Cloth but there is still pits all over it which i cant get rid of. Does anyone have any tips to get rid of them or is there no way of doing that?

I don't want to rub it down to much and go through it!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the guide Mike.

No i don't have any power tools other than a drill but don't have any bits.

I was thinking of getting a dremel or something to help me as i will be doing the cam covers too it will take quite some time and if they come out any good i can start doing some other bits too.

Any recommendations on tools and bits for them?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I took my cam cover to a shop up the road and they shot blasted and powder coated it for £40 cash in hand which i was more than happy with as it looks immaculate.. if er-rr green :) far less fuss heh

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my cam cover to a shop up the road and they shot blasted and powder coated it for £40 cash in hand which i was more than happy with as it looks immaculate.. if er-rr green :) far less fuss heh

Not bad at all! Was it just that they did or the other covers too for £40?

I have given up with the polishing, I haven't got another year to do that I want to drive them damn car!!!!

I have decided to paint the plenum and the cam covers in black wrinkle paint as it looks pretty sweet and will go with the theme of my engine bay as i have kept all my hoses black silicone.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks great Simon, I hope mine comes out like that.

Thanks for the offer Umar, but I have already bought the paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts