GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I was going to do to my car is replace all the bushes - but I wasnt sure whether to do them all with brand new standard bushes, or polybushes?

Obviously now Im selling the car so Im not going to spend hundreds of pounds doing all the bushes, but for future reference - would the polybushes be too harsh for a car used predominantly as a road car? :)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I replaced the front ones with Nismo bushes and it has make the car far better driving on the road from the standard ones. They weren't poly as from what I had read the Nismo ones were the best for the road and the poly is just "too much", too hard and some can make very annoying noises as well :bawling: .

·
Registered
630 Posts
My car's fully poly-bushed (with a couple of rose joints ;)) and in my opinion these bushes simply allow the suspension to work prioperly :D

OK, I run circuit spec coilovers, so ride is horrendous on most UK roads, but the polybushes have, if anything, improved this and have transformed the stability of the car under braking etc :D

Can't compare them to Nismo ones etc,but I've had no problems with polys squeaking etc and would highly recommend them :D

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Like Rog said proper bushes do seem to make the car handle more like expected and the Nismo ones have made the car LESS crashy over bad tarmac (by allowing the suspension to work correctly).

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I plan to change all the bushes at the front. I think i'm going to risk the poly / neoprene ones as we had them on the race car & they make such a difference. Making the a car feel so precise & direct, i can put up with them being a little hard.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts