GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think im going to opt for tomei poncams as they dont need as much work as stage 2's procams....so the choice is:-

Tomei Poncams type A 260in/252ex 9.15 .Vs. type B 260in/260ex 9.15

anyone had the type a fitted,what turbos did you have, power?

searching the threads it seems most opt for type B, is there a reason to opt for type A instead?

As far as my turbos go, they will either be twins:- 2530 or 2540 or n1 or greddy 517z

·
Registered
646 Posts
There is also Type R Poncam which I think has just come out, 250/9.15mm In&Ex. Just to let you know.

As far as I can tell, power output wise, Type B ultimately produce very slightly more power, i would imagine the difference is in what sort of shape of power graph it'd produce on a dyno.

The key feature between the two sets, is how much overlap you will experience, with Type B - More Overlap, More Scavenging...Type A - Less Overlap (exhaust valves closing earlier). This will determine how much torque, how much power at what rpm. A lot of is over my head so I would like to hear more learned views on this.
I know some tuners go with matched camshafts (same duration on both sides).. and some stay with mismatched durations...
Sorry I can't help more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts