GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As everyone predicted, Pod was rained off today after just a half dozen runs.

No-one missed much other than a few cups of coffee and a bacon sarnie.

Shame, I was completely prepared to run dry after obliterating my Potenza's as Bentwaters on Saturday, they are now as bald as badger.

·
Registered
380 Posts
santa flood

Em yeah its a shame we didnt get to run i was up for testing the new twin plate to the max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Barry:(

P.S Has anyone ever seen more Sunnys in one day Ha i dont think so.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah, there were lots of Sunny's!

Might have found some of you guys to say hi to if only it wasn't p155ing down all the time.

It was officially rained off, so keep your entry tickets for use next time you go guys:) One good thing I guess.

Blowdog> Saw you in our convoy mate up the M1, saw you again when we got there, but you weren't around to say hi to. Maybe next time.

Btw, I was in this:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Hi all,

Yup, another miserable day at Santa Pod. I am getting increasingly frustrated with the British weather, with non-stop rain all day putting a stop to play. Incredibly, at 10.00pm, the weather now is fantastic, with a dry, warm night.

Dan,
I wanted to say hi to as many people as possible, but because we missed the J14 turn off on the M1, we ended up getting seperated from the main convoy. By the time we turned up, everyone had either queued up for the run or had gone off for a bacon sandwich. I do remember admiring your car though :D

Cem

·
Registered
221 Posts
blowdog i think i saw you in the queue going in. you couldn't miss us as i was in my m8's 3 door cossie which decided to blow it's turbo on the way to santa pod. was :smokin: like mad.

bit embarrasing really :rolleyes: :D

Ish

·
Registered
221 Posts
it was the moonstone blue(which looks like grey) one. yes it was smoking like a chimney!!!!:rolleyes:

thing is he was gonna run it like that!

Ish

p.s nice number plate u got ;) just outta interest why are you called 'blowdog'!!?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I wondered that too..

It's good though, as I wouldn't have known it was him 'til I saw that:D

Thanks for the comment mate, it's not a Skyline, but it is all mine:d and I'm only a youngster after all;)

I think I saw that cossie turn up a while after I joined the q for the strip, was smokin badly:(

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Highlight of the day...

had to be the run from Kent to south mimms and then onwards.
The Dirksters R34 sounds the biz in the tunnel and I frightened the shite out of the family next to me. Woke up the kids in the espace for sure.
Had a good ding dong with a cossie on the way up M1 and managed to make him miss his turning. You need more grunt mate to get past the gtr. We were all wetting our pants as the next junction was 15 miles up the M1.
Some good motors there but pity about the bloody weather. Will wait till the summer for the pod.
I was trying to get you all to follow us up to junction 15 but you all came off at the services. Doh!!

NLW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts