GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my GTR from Westway in Oxford back in May this year , although its an 09 car as it was bought from a main dealer it came with 12 months cared 4 warranty , it was on 23k miles when I bought it , all seemed good with the car , but the stereo wasn't working so I either had the choice to leave it with them or have it fixed in Cardiff , so opted for that , I thought it was repaired under warranty as it was all taken care of and didn't cost me a penny.

Last week it went into Cardiff Nissan for its 30k service , I asked them to check the bell housing as its making a right racket , and they said it was well out and would need changing , great I thought will be done under warranty .

After sorting it out Cardiff came back to me to say there was no warranty on the car , checked my invoice and there it is in black and white , 12 months cared 4 warranty , so called Oxford to look into it and let me know what was going on , only for them to get back to me and say after an administration error the warranty was not set up !

My mind was set at rest after they said they would pick up the tab to get Cardiff to change it , I did ask for them to pay for Litchfield to fit one of there's but they didn't think that would be possible , now a week later I find out they are trying to get out of paying for it and trying to get Nissan to cover the cost as a goodwill gesture ! Cheeky ****ers !! Trying to get someone else to pay for there mistakes.

I was supposed to get a call from them today with an answer of when its going to be fixed but haven't heard from them , so contacted customer services today to see what they can do to help.

No impressed by them at all !

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Westway Oxford were a shower of shite back in 2010 and it seems they are doing their best to keep it that way.
Bunch of cowboys.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Bought my GTR from Westway in Oxford back in May this year , although its an 09 car as it was bought from a main dealer it came with 12 months cared 4 warranty , it was on 23k miles when I bought it , all seemed good with the car , but the stereo wasn't working so I either had the choice to leave it with them or have it fixed in Cardiff , so opted for that , I thought it was repaired under warranty as it was all taken care of and didn't cost me a penny.

Last week it went into Cardiff Nissan for its 30k service , I asked them to check the bell housing as its making a right racket , and they said it was well out and would need changing , great I thought will be done under warranty .

After sorting it out Cardiff came back to me to say there was no warranty on the car , checked my invoice and there it is in black and white , 12 months cared 4 warranty , so called Oxford to look into it and let me know what was going on , only for them to get back to me and say after an administration error the warranty was not set up !

My mind was set at rest after they said they would pick up the tab to get Cardiff to change it , I did ask for them to pay for Litchfield to fit one of there's but they didn't think that would be possible , now a week later I find out they are trying to get out of paying for it and trying to get Nissan to cover the cost as a goodwill gesture ! Cheeky ****ers !! Trying to get someone else to pay for there mistakes.

I was supposed to get a call from them today with an answer of when its going to be fixed but haven't heard from them , so contacted customer services today to see what they can do to help.

No impressed by them at all !
F3%k um. Their mistake, their problem. You pay nothing and let them sort it out.

If you paid for the warranty, or it was included in the deal, they have to honour it.

Keep us posted.

Satan.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Westway Oxford were a shower of shite back in 2010 and it seems they are doing their best to keep it that way.
Bunch of cowboys.
+1!

·
Vendor
1,691 Posts
I bet they do it quite often chancing their luck.

If I remember rightly when I was negotiating with a NHPC last year, as part of the costs in getting the car ready for sale, they pay Nissan Head Office x amount to put the warranty on if it is out of three years. They probably take a punt and save themselves 8-900 quid and hope it doesn't go wrong or if it does, bodge the job up with parts out of their parts bin without claiming through warranty with Nissan. Looks like you have found them out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had this with land rover a few years back! As long as your invoice states there is a warranty given they have to honour it! I ended up phoning land rover head office and that soon jogged the local dealer on! Every call to a manufacturers head office is logged so the dealership act rapidly once they know a call has been logged!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not paying anything towards it being fixed , or I will if it drags on more than another week then take them to small claims to get it back , i'd rather fit a litchfield one on it.

I have contacted customer services in Nissan and they are on it as they called me back yesterday for a bit more info , I have also emailed the dealer principal in case he wasn't aware of it.

So will see whats happening , not impressed at all

·
Registered
747 Posts
As said, best you call head office and tell them of this. As head office will not want to cover the costs, if they can pass to the dealership (as they have proof)!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have informed nissan customer services already , as in head office and not the dealership so they are on the case , spoke to the dealer today who told me they have started a 12 month warranty from yesterday now , and it's just nailing them down to book it in for a new bell housing now

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have informed nissan customer services already , as in head office and not the dealership so they are on the case , spoke to the dealer today who told me they have started a 12 month warranty from yesterday now , and it's just nailing them down to book it in for a new bell housing now
Extra couple of months on warranty... :) thats the way forward:runaway:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think all Westways used to be 100% owned by Nissan UK, mine came from Oxford and I've not been back. Went to MH and now SVM.
There is one in Wolverhampton (not Gtr dealer) they used to service my Pickup till they smacked the front on a road test, they did say the mechanic was no longer employed afterwards. I have just googled them and it looks like they are still owned by Nissan UK as the UK's largest dealer group, I think it goes back to the dark days of Oktav Botnar! If you remember him. Hope they resolve your problem, better still if you end up with 5 more months.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had my certificate of warranty through the other day , 12 months starting from 29th Oct , and just had a call from Wessex in Cardiff to say the new bell housing is in stock and its booked in tomorrow morning for it to be swapped , finally got there :D

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Being that the bell housing is a known piece of chocolate, Nissan would have difficulty not replacing it, if motivated with the correct legal paper work. :)

Just don't expect it to be fixed when you get it back. Not wishing to appear negative about NHPCs, I wouldn't take my GT-R within 430 billion miles of one.
Oh, shit!! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
We'll done on pushing them to a good outcome!

A dirty trick or a **** up, either way you found them out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts