GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bit of a play with the new EcuTek RaceROM 4 this evening...

I like to call it my "POP POP BANG" map :chuckle:

KR R35 GT-R on Ecutek RaceROM 4 "pop pop bang" map! - YouTube

No need to rev the sh1t out of your engine, didnt even go over 5k rpm ;)

I switched back over to my normal (which is my flat out map ;) ) near the end.... you can tell the difference.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That's more aggressive than mine! Did Iain do that map?

·
Vendor
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
SVM build, GTC tuned.

Yes indeed! But I don't plan to drive it under load on this map... it's purely for show :) Although a quick tweak can tame it down abit and even add it to a separate map mode..

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Ahh ok :)

Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing :)

·
Vendor
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nicce ! Lovin the flames :) need to get mine up to stage 4 with DP's this year for sure :p

·
Vendor
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Sounds great and I have Ian's toned down version on my car.

A word of caution I've been pulled over by the police on previous cars for P&Bs they don't like it!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can a similar thing be done with COBB? Just wondered how to go about it and what sort of prices I should be expecting to pay

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
ha ha thats cool, hoping to get pops and bangs added to mine soon :D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Sounds great and I have Ian's toned down version on my car.

A word of caution I've been pulled over by the police on previous cars for P&Bs they don't like it!
I think I'll ask Iain for a more prominent pop and bang map

·
Vendor
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if it is possible on the Cobb, i did ask the question. But best speak to Ben about that...

The traction system on the RaceROM 4 is something else though! All I can say is my car feels much faster on the road now with the Ecutek (although on a dyno it might be identical power), the difference is - instead of losing power to wheel spin, i am now putting it down horizontally ;)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait to get this on my car, if I can ever get hold of Ian. Speaking to a unicorn seems more likely though!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait to get this on my car, if I can ever get hold of Ian. Speaking to a unicorn seems more likely though!
I never have a problem, I just ring him :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I spoke to Ben, and he confirmed this is not possible on Cobb. The only way is to switch to Ecutek. Cant justify the cost of doing that at the moment though

1 - 20 of 36 Posts