GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had internet for the last month so got lots of reading to do on here catching up with the latest news,
Any way reason for the thread, had a bit work carried out at Litchfields a couple of months ago.
Went out for a spin, Chasing Busby around kent last Saturday and he's running the Pops and Bangs Litchfield race map.
Haven't had no internet so have had to wait to get it of Iain,
Put the new map in the car about 2 hours ago and the car sound amazing like it should of from the factory ,
How i love this car.

Goldie

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at the moment.. was trying it out on the motorway, so can't stick any clips up.. i Might just get arrested ,,LOL
Ill try and get some up tomorrow.. Its amazing

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Does the map just compliment a current Ecutek Stage 1 remap, or is it a completely new map?

Can the pops and bangs be achieved on standard system with a Non Res Miltek Y-Pipe ?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's too technical for me,, Iain the one to answer that,,
It's a new version 4 map that's got the pops and banging included,
Ring Iain at litchfields I'm sure he can help. And I hope you can have it,

Goldie

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
That's too technical for me,, Iain the one to answer that,,
It's a new version 4 map that's got the pops and banging included,
Ring Iain at litchfields I'm sure he can help. And I hope you can have it,

Goldie
Yeh I will do thanks :)

Mine does some little pops when its parked or neutral and give it a little rev to 2-2.5k. Sounds awesome, but would love it on a bigger scale while driving too.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Wicked stuff Goldie :) the hoon season is approaching so will give you a shout when the first dates start rolling in. Meeting up with the Kent lot tomorrow and discussing possibles ; )

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just been out for some milk for coffee,,
35 miles later it sounds amazing,, the missus thought I left her,,
Flames are great, lol

Saucyboy. Cheers mate any excuse for a drive out

Goldie

·
Registered
785 Posts
Iv added the P & B today on mine. Iv only had a quick drive so far but with no DP & just a resonated Y Pipe I can't really here much yet. I'll try again tomorrow. Looks like I'll just have to get a full exhaust & DP fitted this year. Dam it !! Lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is there any detrimental effect to the turbos with the pops and bangs? Also flames out the exhaust can eventually ruin the insides? Baffles etc

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is there any detrimental effect to the turbos with the pops and bangs? Also flames out the exhaust can eventually ruin the insides? Baffles etc
Wouldn't have thought so, on the Subaru people talk about bore wash due to excess fuelling but I'm no technical bod so I'll wait till someone else with more experience comes along :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Wouldn't have thought so, on the Subaru people talk about bore wash due to excess fuelling but I'm no technical bod so I'll wait till someone else with more experience comes along :thumbsup:
I think that's more to do with the Boxer configuration than the pops and bangs. It's just lots of retarded timing, iirc there's little or no fuel.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think after many years of tuning GTRs Iain knows he's stuff,
If there was any bad side effects he wouldn't put it on his cars because of he's warranty he gives,
My cars got the new Litchfield 102 exhaust, so there's not much inside to go wrong,

Goldie

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like its time to change from Cobb to Ecutek, tbh prob long overdue.
Pops, bangs and farts are a must :clap:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Been out again today. Can just about hear something going on within the Exhaust but its just not coming out to play ! So you need big exhaust & Preferably DP changed for it to come through I think. Oh well it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Mine is quite quiet, but just adds a little character to the car. I'm sure there'll be additional upgrades on this as Iain and EcuTek unlock more maps/info.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just had a run down to Dover and back,, the cars amazing, not over noisy in my books but brings a smile every time,
How I love this car,,,
Goldie

1 - 20 of 33 Posts