GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the popup bonnet warning light come on permenantly.
Going to call the HPC today.

Anyone else had this on a UK spec car yet?

Cheers

·
Registered
968 Posts
Mate, be happy, gives you finally a good excuse to order the naughty Ipod from Ben. You can sort that very famous error with the Cobb AP. And when you are at it anyway......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bonnet has not popped up, just the warning light.

Just has chat with HPC.....not a problem..just needs resetting.

Holding off from the AP for the time being....slightly worried about having no warranty....maybe when I have become a little less precious about the car. Lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
I assume you mean the warning light for the safety pop up system on the bonnet and not the warning light saying the bonnet is open?
I had this problem when I had parking sensors fitted (not by the HPC) - the bumper was removed and they must have caused the activation switch to go off. When I had mine in for the 1,000 mile service the HPC simply reset it. The HPC should check why it has gone off in the first instance though.

·
Registered
968 Posts
By the way, here in NL one of the dealers cars was driven a bit spirited over a speedbumb and the bonnet popped up (the system to prevent too much damage to pedestrians). Cost 4,000 Euro and waiting time a week or 2 I understood.

Yuck!

·
Registered
556 Posts
The bonnet light was an issue with some JDM grey imports that were left alone for too long and the battery had gone flat. When jump-starting the car, I was told there was a specific procedure to ground one of the terminals or something. Otherwise the bonnet warning light would appear after the jumpstart.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The bonnet light was an issue with some JDM grey imports that were left alone for too long and the battery had gone flat. When jump-starting the car, I was told there was a specific procedure to ground one of the terminals or something. Otherwise the bonnet warning light would appear after the jumpstart.
That´s very interesting since we have one car in Sweden that´s got this problem. Do you know any of the owners of the JDM cars or was this when they stood in the port for too long?

/Perra

·
Registered
556 Posts
That´s very interesting since we have one car in Sweden that´s got this problem. Do you know any of the owners of the JDM cars or was this when they stood in the port for too long?

/Perra
It can be cleared with a Consult III.

I think the Cobbs port can clear it too. You can "borrow" one from a friend, I think. There's no need to load any maps.

·
Registered
968 Posts

/Perra
I believe any car will stand that long in the port and on board the boat that this can not be the reason.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It can be cleared with a Consult III.

I think the Cobbs port can clear it too. You can "borrow" one from a friend, I think. There's no need to load any maps.
I know that, but my point was that I wanted to know the procedure to avoid it happening in the first place. :) Does anyone have any info on how to jumpstart the car properly or is this a case of RTFM? :D

What I meant about the port was that I thought maybe the battery went flat if it stood there for a long time?

/P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts