GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone ever fitted the brakes off a Porsche Cayenne turbo into an BNR34/ER34? Would love to hear the experience and what is required to fit them in.

Mounting brackets?
Discs - need to redrill holes or get a new set?
Brake master cylinder?
Wheel clearance? 18" offset 35 / 38 ok?
etc...

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
sounds like a good idea, those brakes are massive!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Have anyone ever fitted the brakes off a Porsche Cayenne turbo into an BNR34/ER34? Would love to hear the experience and what is required to fit them in.

Mounting brackets?
Discs - need to redrill holes or get a new set?
Brake master cylinder?
Wheel clearance? 18" offset 35 / 38 ok?
etc...

Cheers.
I doubt anyone has fitted those specific brakes but in general terms you will undoubtedly need mounting brackets. I suspect that the would need modding to fit, would probably be easier to get different discs which match the thickness of the Porsche items. I seem to remember that Porsches often have weird (big) offsets.

Would also be worth considering master cylinders. The Cayenne could well have a much greater piston area than stock.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the bias? Will it screw up the R34 handling upon brake application?
Or the increased unsprung weight?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Bias is part of what I was refering to with piston area/master cylinder.

I would be surprised if the calipers aren't heavier than the stock items (I'm assuming that you have ally 4 pot Brembos). Discs might end up being lighter (total). Though the disc part will undoubtedly be heavier if you could wangle some ally bells (from aftermarket discs) then they could well end up lighter. Of course if you have the cash why not pick up some of the composite units - they will be lighter than stock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts