GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is turning into something of an apples and pears discussion.
I don't believe the GT3 RS is a like for like comparison to the GTR. Issues like everyday use, back seats, cost etc make it a no-show for the Porsche.

That said - the fact that the Nissan is so fast around the Ring makes it an abvious target, but who cares, it still a much better everday car proposition and as mentioned above - if it's an out and out track day experience you want you wouldn't buy the GTR or the Porker.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Porsche = common, pig ugly, impractical, no rear seats, cost twice as much and people will hate you as they did Adolph

GTR = just ****ing bloody fantastically amazing!!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Oops got an infraction too ! Sorry !!

Dave you never told me when and who is doing you the cheese "wrap" for your GTR

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Wow, thats great David, dare say you will be posting pics ? Is the purple close to the R33, R34 colour ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hehe, I appear to have finally trolled one of the Porsche fanbois into replying!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :D
I hope you don't mean me!? - (your post was directly below mine) - I hope not!!!

I have been called many things but I won't sit still and let anyone call me a 'Porsche fan' !!!!!!:chairshot

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I hope you don't mean me!? - (your post was directly below mine) - I hope not!!!

I have been called many things but I won't sit still and let anyone call me a 'Porsche fan' !!!!!!:chairshot
No, I was referring to my childish antics on here: Porsche GT3 RS laps the Ring | Car News | Supercars | evo

They've now resorted to fine wine comparisons and "consistency" to defend their "sad devotion to that ancient religion"... :D

·
6,821 Posts
I have a few stupid questions:
Would the Z-Tune run the Ring lap faster then a Porsche GT-3RS and an R35 GTR?
I mean the engine must be at least as reliable as the one from the R35 and has more power in a lighter car as well.

Then where does the R35 Spec-V or the R35 standard with Nismo sport package fit in to all this???

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Don't know about the other models, but you can bet your bottom dollar that Nissan have tried their hardest to get the SpecV to break the GT-R's record and they have tested it extensively at the Ring.

So the fact no record breaking time has been published says it all...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have a few stupid questions:
Would the Z-Tune run the Ring lap faster then a Porsche GT-3RS and an R35 GTR?
I mean the engine must be at least as reliable as the one from the R35 and has more power in a lighter car as well.

Then where does the R35 Spec-V or the R35 standard with Nismo sport package fit in to all this???
I was there when they had a Z-Tune there, to try and beat the Mk1 GT3's time at the ring and they couldn't.

An R34 is simply incomparable on track to an R35, the R35 utterly destroys the R34 and I have experience of both on track.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
I am a Porsche fan!!! I love to see them going backwards off a slippery track!! LOL Hope to be witnessing just that tomorrow at Bedford Autodrome ! Anyone want to join me ??

·
6,821 Posts
I was there when they had a Z-Tune there, to try and beat the Mk1 GT3's time at the ring and they couldn't.

An R34 is simply incomparable on track to an R35, the R35 utterly destroys the R34 and I have experience of both on track.
Maybe you are right, but again this is speculation. I mean Z-Tune has over 550HP and is certainly quicker in a streight line then an R35 GTR. Then again who drove the Z-Tune?, what tires did it have ?and anyway the howl Z-Tune was setup for the Fujispeedway record time and not for the Ring circuit conditions (considering that all Nismo suspensions are too hard for the Ring>remembering Shin Inue`s lap here . .)
Also do I doupt that a 99` GT3 with only 360HP would have any chance against a 550HP z-Tune.
Also consider the the Z-Tuen has superior chassis regidity with carbon elements then any normal R34.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Of course caning a car round bends at 10 tenths for over half-an-hour is of the utmost relevance to road car users.

The question has been answered before. No the GTR can't endure as well as a GT3 RS but it's a better car for it. The first thing you'd need to do to change that is get rid of the AWD and there you go, you've ruined it straightaway. Buy a GTR and buy a proper lightweight race car with the difference if you're that concerned. Do you really want to cane a perfectly good road car to death on the track every weekend, especially if it's your daily driver?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Of course caning a car round bends at 10 tenths for over half-an-hour is of the utmost relevance to road car users.

The question has been answered before. No the GTR can't endure as well as a GT3 RS but it's a better car for it. The first thing you'd need to do to change that is get rid of the AWD and there you go, you've ruined it straightaway. Buy a GTR and buy a proper lightweight race car with the difference if you're that concerned. Do you really want to cane a perfectly good road car to death on the track every weekend, especially if it's your daily driver?
Most intelligent post I've ever read re Nurburgring lap times! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
looool, GTR can do one lap round the ring before tranny blows and tyres are gone?? funny.. did at least 5 laps in line /one fuel tank/ and the car was perfect, just the tranny a bit hot, but no problem. brakes, tyres all ok.

yesterday i did 35 laps IN LINE in Brno, just 10 mins at gas station and guess what? same tires and brakes and tranny which i used last week at ring.. and still fine :)

Brno is more than 5km per lap, so it's like 7 maybe 8 laps at the Ring and NO PROBLEM

btw won a set of new tires because a won a bet to beat moded F430 with 540 HP loool, driver was VERY surprised when he lost like 400 meters within just 3 hot laps :))))

anyway I still have lot's of love for the new, red wheeled beetle :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts