GTR Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Of course caning a car round bends at 10 tenths for over half-an-hour is of the utmost relevance to road car users.

The question has been answered before. No the GTR can't endure as well as a GT3 RS but it's a better car for it. The first thing you'd need to do to change that is get rid of the AWD and there you go, you've ruined it straightaway. Buy a GTR and buy a proper lightweight race car with the difference if you're that concerned. Do you really want to cane a perfectly good road car to death on the track every weekend, especially if it's your daily driver?
Do you want a GT3 as a daily driver every week........or do you want a daily driver which can outrun GT3´s on any track in the world......

I have made my decision....:D

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Do you want a GT3 as a daily driver every week........or do you want a daily driver which can outrun GT3´s on any track in the world......

I have made my decision....:D
What exactly is the marketing line? "This car really comes into its own after 20 laps."

"I'd have beaten you if the race had lasted another hour mate."

If you're going to start extending race lengths for an advantage then maybe we should consider a stripped-out, chipped 330 or 335d. I mean, over a 1000 mile race, unless you've got a super-duper F1 fuel pump, the amount of time you're going to lose by having to stop 15-20 times in a GT3 RS, compared to maybe twice in a 330d is going to lose you about 2 hours, particularly if there's a queue of noddies fekking about with nectar points at the till before you, or it's one of those Tesco's stations where everyone does their weekly shopping too.

Evaluating road-going coupes as endurance racers in stock form is completely lost on me. A Veyron would be terrible. Maybe we should impose team budgets too.....

·
Registered
300 Posts
looool, GTR can do one lap round the ring before tranny blows and tyres are gone?? funny.. did at least 5 laps in line /one fuel tank/ and the car was perfect, just the tranny a bit hot, but no problem. brakes, tyres all ok.

yesterday i did 35 laps IN LINE in Brno, just 10 mins at gas station and guess what? same tires and brakes and tranny which i used last week at ring.. and still fine :)

Brno is more than 5km per lap, so it's like 7 maybe 8 laps at the Ring and NO PROBLEM

btw won a set of new tires because a won a bet to beat moded F430 with 540 HP loool, driver was VERY surprised when he lost like 400 meters within just 3 hot laps :))))

anyway I still have lot's of love for the new, red wheeled beetle :)
i like you :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ring lap times are utterly gay.

I dread to think how many people bought a GTR / 911 based it it. Most sad...

What about driving enjoyment? Most would probably have more fun in a low powered rwd car.

None of us race (well most of us) therefore we don't get a prize for getting past someone on a track day, so any debate about split seconds is very pointless.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Ring lap times are utterly gay.

I dread to think how many people bought a GTR / 911 based it it. Most sad...

What about driving enjoyment? Most would probably have more fun in a low powered rwd car.

None of us race (well most of us) therefore we don't get a prize for getting past someone on a track day, so any debate about split seconds is very pointless.
I think 'most' would crash a RWD car into a tree sideways if we're being honest. There's probably less than 1 in every 1000 drivers that could even drive a GT3 RS within 5% of a GTR on a single lap or over several laps.

On a wet day, I know of a French hot-hatch with a very similar paint scheme to the GT3 RS, that would greatly peturb the driver of the latter.

·
Registered
519 Posts
True :D But the rewards of mastering something like that is big. And by the same token none of could ever get the best from a GTR.

I just don't get the "lap times" thing though. It's not a race, so surely fun is the biggest factor... in the hands of a racing driver it proves that a car is fast, but one car being 3 seconds quicker than another does not make one better than another.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
People want a road car that can negotiate bends fast when they push on a bit. Lap times are a loose measure of that. Will anybody want to push on for 2 hours? If they do, they'll be on a motorway anyway. Hence average lap-times over 2 hours are neither here nor there wrt road cars.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts