Registered
225 Posts
I THINK THEY HAVE GONE HOOOOOOWLIN HAD.

Cheers Tom:smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I think they have too much time

in Surrey and hence have SUVs on the brain.
I guess it is all about marketing and sales. The highest earners like these cars for the missus or going to the shops so it makes sense to have a porchse in this spcae. I mean look at BMW and Merc. Sales of the X5 and ML have gone through the roof.
Also the SUV is huge in the US and to have a Porsche SUV is huge. They will be swarming all over hollyood and California as well as the east coast.
Hats off to Prsche they know where the cash is. But at the sake of the brand, name and what we all asscoaite them for!!

Just my 2p worht.

·
Registered
404 Posts
prototype porker

I remember passing a prototype on an Autobahn last year we blocked the lanes as I was checking out the Porsche and the test driver was checking my Skyline. We must have been peeing everybody behind us off.

It was fast though doing well over 200kph, and the exhaust sounded sweet too.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
JohnD,

You said "Look at it as being a competitior for the Nissan Stagea"

How could you, that's an insult to the Stagea, the Stagea is an amazing car, it is a Skyline with extra cargo room, the Cayenne is a SUV, SUV = Shit Utility Vehicle :mad:

Any SUV is a truck, they are for hauling trash to the dump.

I understand why car manufacturer make them though, since for some very odd reason unknown to me that a lot of people buy them. I guess I should be thankful for them since they are the reason low profit sports car is being made.

Sorry for the rude language, but I HATE SUV :mad:

Jeff

·
Registered
211 Posts
Jeff,

I am soooo sorry :)
I was more thinking about the performance combined with the MPV nature of both vehicles.
I mean, let's face it, 5.4 seconds and a top speed of over 250 kmh is extreme for a SUV but this "thing" Porsche made looks a little low for a SUV.
Even if Porsche made a trash can with a V8 and four wheels someone would buy it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
JohnD,

It is allright, no need to apologize. I am just frustrated by all these silly SUV.

You are right, people would buy anything Porsche, Ferrari, Benz or BMW make, doesn't matter what it is.

Actually SUV are good for the following situration:

1, Hauling trash, used motor oil, dirty pets, used christmas tree...anything you don't want to have inside your GTR.

2, Park in a crowded parking lot, since SUV are so ugly that nicks, dings and scratches won't make them any uglier.

Sorry guys, I just don't like SUV :rolleyes:

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts