GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very touchy these german car drivers and fans it seems.I had a guy gloating about his 997 in my cab to his mate one night,i said ill give you a race,oh in what he said,my evo 7,he scoffed till i said ill meet you in the rain.He never said another word,done job.Also theres a young guy near me with a 911 turbo,hes a bit cocky but a gtr 33 lightly modded has done him twice on a staight mile near here.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I had such a laugh at the lights just before a motor way slip road yesterday. A porsche carrera 996 only had a car length on me up to about 70 in my lupo.

Although the loop looks standard its far from it. The look on his face as I pulled next to him on the motor way was golden :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brilliant

I had such a laugh at the lights just before a motor way slip road yesterday. A porsche carrera 996 only had a car length on me up to about 70 in my lupo.

Although the loop looks standard its far from it. The look on his face as I pulled next to him on the motor way was golden :D
theres a red civic round here,an old one,big turbo,300bhp,thats gonna surprise one or two also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah i have had a few run in's with porsche cayman owners ! for some reason they seem to believe there quick ! lol

Still can't beet the lads with the saxo's etc.. there just funny.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had a tear up with a 997 TT in the GTR the other night, set of traffic lights then a long dual carriage way. Wasted him off the lights and was a good car two car lengths before I let off the gas. He looked down at his steering wheel shaking his head and laughing.

I smiled before caining it off at the next set of lights, round the rounadabout and up the slip road, he did not try second time round - guess the first arse kicking put him off. If it was 70 upwards I think it would have been a different story and against the law.

Kp

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Very touchy these german car drivers and fans it seems.I had a guy gloating about his 997 in my cab to his mate one night,i said ill give you a race,oh in what he said,my evo 7,he scoffed till i said ill meet you in the rain.He never said another word,done job.Also theres a young guy near me with a 911 turbo,hes a bit cocky but a gtr 33 lightly modded has done him twice on a staight mile near here.
fair enough, but give me a 997 over an evo 7 anyday!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah fair point but gimme an R35 GTR over any Porsche any day.

Kp

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
not to "wag my willy", but I have drag raced every Porsche worth racing, and only the Carrera GT is as quick as my car - if I don't screw up the launch it's more or less a hair's difference win or lose. When I ran against a GT3, he eventually beat me by weaving through traffic - it is a VERY nimble car. I think the handling on my R32 is pretty good, but I don't care to test it by weaving through street traffic at over 100mph. But that GT3 pulled it off.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Name the track, I'll be there.
Samsung Yongin Speedway, versus my R32. For slips :smokin:

(your GT3 would probably kill me on that track - it's a lot like Tsukuba - short and twisty, requires peerless handling and quick power delivery)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts