GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Porsche Turbo Revealed - 500 hp

The horsepower battles start up again. Nissan came in at 480hp for 2009(MY US), and 485hp for 2010(MY US), the same as the 911 turbo. Now for 2010 the Porsche 911 Turbo gets a minor facelift, a boost in displacement, direct injection, and 500 hp. Nissan is no doubt aware of the new Porsche hp rating, and will probably respond with a more powerful Nissan GT-R. While we are Nissan GT-R fans, we are also fans of cool cars, and the 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo is pretty cool. Variable vane turbos, the first all new engine in the 35 year history of the 911, 3.8 liter ,direct injection , available 7 speed Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (dual-clutch) gearbox. Starting at $132,800 its not an inexpensive car, but it is "a Porsche Turbo." Gas mileage increases up, emissions go down. Again, all good stuff.

Lets see how Nissan answers this. We would like to see a direct injected , VVEL version of the R35 GT-R.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I already have a 2010 Porsche Turbo beater.....

.....and you supplied the added grunt Ben!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
torque vectored diff is interesting as well...
Finally gets flappy paddles as an option.
Will be interesting to see the ring time.
Still seriously overpriced imo

·
Registered
556 Posts
7 speeder will mean better autobahn storming.

The 6 speeder on the R35 is great... for up till abt 200+km/h. But I find switching from 5th to 6th.. there's a noticeable dip in pull cos the gears are too far apart.

So if Nissan wants to keep playing, I'd expect a 7-speeder DSG to match.

I don't think power's going to be a big problem even with the current block.

·
Registered
265 Posts
now the next step for nissan is GDI... gasoline direct injection.. and 550bhp should be a brease

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I would guess the r35 needs only a bit of off boost power and some added boost. They should also upgrade to the spec-v turbos for the standard r35.

I don't see a need for much more. Maybe more aero changes and cooling for fluids and temps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts