GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I need to sell my Porsche turbo and trade down to a lower cost car for a year or so! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

However you do get used to the grip, performace and build quality of these high performance cars.
:blahblah::blahblah:
What do people think of this GTR35? If I trade down to one wil I be dissapointed?
:nervous:
And before you all retort threatening physical abuse it is a serious question which isn't just about speed, its about the whole driver experience?

Am I going to enjoy driving one?

Also what costs am likely to be hit with? Tyre wear ? Tyre cost? Service costs? My Porsche has a two year service interval.

Any serious feedback would be appreciated
:runaway:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
i`ll take the bait...

if you are trading to save on running costs... forget it!

if you are trading for something superior... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You will not be dissaponited.
The GTR is faster & it gets over speed humps with ease plus sits 4 people.
3 things i can say, it is a lot bigger car so you have to give way to oncoming traffic, the fuel consumption is considerably more & the ladies will like you more with a Porcshe.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will not be dissaponited.
The GTR is faster & it gets over speed humps with ease plus sits 4 people.
3 things i can say, it is a lot bigger car so you have to give way to oncoming traffic, the fuel consumption is considerably more & the ladies will like you more with a Porcshe.;)
I need the cash for something else, hense selling the Porsche turbo. Running costs aren't too much of an issue as the car will only do 6 or 7,000 miles a year. fuel consumption is about 20mpg currently on v max.

I only get 6 or 7000 miles out of the rear tyres anyway. Fronts are better at 20,000 even though its 4 whel drive.

Not sure about the woman thing. Having had 14 Porsches makes me a little oblivious to the looks women may give me and I couldn't afford the divorce anyway!

Off to look at two tomorrow, a grey one and a white one!! Oher than red seat inserts whats the difference on a black spec car?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
However you do get used to the grip, performace and build quality of these high performance cars.
Don't worry, you'll get used to the the GTRs superior ability

What do people think of this GTR35? If I trade down to one wil I be dissapointed?
Loaded question isn't it? Are you a brand "lover"? Do you need the Porsche badge to be cool?

Have you tried a Nissan GTR dealer?

My Porsche has a two year service interval.
How lovely. They must assume Porsche owners don't actually use their cars much. What were we talking about?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have only driven a Porsche twice, and it felt much like driving a BMW, where as driving the GTR constantly reminds me I'm in a beast!

As for the ladies, my wife likes the GTR, and she is the only lady I care about.

At Palmersport, everyone I was with managed to spin the Porsche off the track. I absolutely assure you that at Silverstone I drove the GTR considerably faster, without any worrying moments.

I was recently in a Porsche showroom with a friend. When a member of staff asked why I had bought the GTR, I told him that it was because I wanted something quicker than a Porsche. It was worth getting the car just to see his face!

I could afford a Porsche, but choose to drive a GTR. I think that says everything about how I feel about the two cars.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Unfortunately I need to sell my Porsche turbo and trade down to a lower cost car for a year or so! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

You'll need to tint the windows so your friends and colleages don't see you driving it......

I don't think the GTR is for you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i had porches for 10 yrs - trust me your upgrading the word "downgrading" is incorrect - your purely looking at this on financial terms then the GTR should cost triple - we were too used to being ripped off by manufacturers of german sports cars -

·
Banned
11,494 Posts

:blahblah::blahblah:
And before you all retort threatening physical abuse it is a serious question which isn't just about speed, its about the whole driver experience?

Also what costs am likely to be hit with? Tyre wear ? Tyre cost? Service costs? My Porsche has a two year service interval.

Any serious feedback would be appreciated
Here are some independent thoughts on the comparison between a 997.2 TT and a GTR:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/128053-holy-sheisshund-new-911-turbo-fast.html

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
No no no .... In April you're allowed to be a twat.
But just for a day. Well half a day really as you have to stop the foolishness at noon.
Bit of a waste of bandwidth here but at least I was finally able to make a worthwhile contribution in the R35 section.
Hay Bajie ... Go me ... Team TYSI rooolz ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went out in two at the weekend!

What can I say! Fast but very sterile!
Evo 10 FQ400 on test in a few days. Will see what thats like!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Just add a y-pipe for throaty goodness.

My GTR is far from sterile...... :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts