GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from Alex's threads about the porter cable polishing machine i ordered one before christmas.
Now me being me decided it would be safer if i tried it on the wifes focus :chuckle: before trying it on the skyline (safety first). Now her car is on a 51 plate and the paintwork before was quite shabby, dull, swirlmarks and light scratches.

After the shampoo and shammy i got the PC out for a little play with the orange pad and Poorboys SSR 2.5 polish (kindly supplied by Alex), gave the car a good buff with this (2 hours) then buffed off with a microfibre cloth.

Moving on to the next stage i changed pads for the yellow one and the Poorboys SSR 2 polish and gave it another good buff with this (1 hour) and wiped off again with another microfibre cloth.

The next stage was a bit easier. Changed pads for the beige finishing pad and applied some SP paint cleanser using the PC (half hour), wiped off then..

Finshing stage was to change the pad for the other beige one and apply some SP super sealant (half hour) and buff off with a microfibre cloth, stand back and admired my handywork :cool:

Amazed at the results i got. No swirls, most of the scratches are gone and best of all it looks black again.

Many thanks to Alex Creasey for the PC kit and pointing me in the right direction for the Porter Cable and how to use it. :bowdown1:

Might have a go on the skyline tomorrow (if my arms have recovered by then)

Steve

Mods i know this isn't strictly a skyline related thread so please move it if need be.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Nice on Steve! Looks fab! :smokin:

Alot of people remove the side handle if your getting alot of vibration, and put a steadying hand over the top of the machine... I do this as well and find it actually makes the machine easier to control and use for long periods of time.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
That Focus looks really clean.

Whereas my wifes doesn't ... Alex ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice work Bandit, I hope your wife shows you some appreciation for all the hard work ;) I've had a pc for an age and still not used it :( I'll add it to my new year resolution list :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers fellas. The pics don't do the finish any justice what so ever, can't recommend the PC and the kit Alex supplied highly enough.
Its bloody hard work with all the buffing, my shoulder is aching like a mofo this morning.

Alex i removed the handle after about 5 mins and found it alot easier to control, thought i was gonna get 'vibration white finger' using the thing :chuckle:

Gadgy, i got plenty of appreciation from the wife, if you know what i mean ;)

Cheers

Steve

Skyline will get done tomorrow, shouldn't take half the time as its already clean and the paint is in pretty good condition as it is.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Looking good mate. I know exactly what you r saying mate pics never do a car justice especially with cleaning.
Alex's products are sh*t hot mate been using them for few years now and wont ever use anything else again.
Here r 2 pics of my Dads Merc when i spent a week giving it the full treatment.

...and 1 of mine after a few hours.

Tony

·
Registered
82 Posts
tony may i ask where the pic of your skyline was taken?looks like a good place to be (lol) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts