GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive a tecky question...

when i switch from mph to kph on the speado thingy the stearing is much more stable, is there a way of tricking the stearing to think its going faster than it ??

Thats all i can think it is as im sure it stiffens with speed (excuse the expresion)..

The reason for me first doing this was cus when i first start the car in the morning pulling off the drive the mph neadle flickers about? upto say 40 mph without hardly moving? its fine as soon as its walm or been moving for a bit..thought it might have been the switch, but its not?

Any ideas?

Thanks Dean

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
does the speedo read in mph or kmh ?

it could be the speed jumper thingy that they use to convert the speedo.

this can cause the hicass to play up if a wire isn't placed correctly (on a GTR) not sure about the gts-t though, but I'd have thought that the speedo is probably common under the skin.

hth.
Steve

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
It sounds like a hicas problem to me but I thought that if there was a problem, the hicas light comes on, on the instrument panel.
Best advice is the most popular.....let an expert have a look at it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has an electronic box that was wired into the speado when i got it from japan.

The speedo reads in mph but was kph when i got it and its been fine for nearly 2 years?

Isnt the hicas the steering? if so ive no warning lights?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
speedo

dodgy speedo converter.

Anyone with a R33 or R34 regardless of GTR must have a CK DR 34 converter fitted. There are converters which change the speedo however with the skyline the converter also has to change the 4WS system as it is controlled via the speed sensor and you can get both so if anyone else out there experiences weirs steering problems you will find that you will have an inferior(old) converter. If you take the dash apart, you should have a grey wire coming from the converter, wiring into the loom, if you havent, you need a CK DR 34.

Sounds like your converter has just given up, its only electronics, if you need another just PM me.

Ps. R32's are cable operated speedos'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts