GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me your thoughts on this guys. My R33 GTR (Non V-Spec) is doing about 360 BHP. (400+ on it's way!). More than quarter throttle in any gear gets the front torque meter reading to about 10, at any speed. Is this the first sign of the clutch going, or because I have one new and one older rear tyre? (3mm difference in tread depth.) Is the wheel sensor accurate enough to pick than up as what it thinks to be wheelspin? Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Tyre wear can make a difference and also tyre pressures

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The front and rear tyres will probably be causing this, mine used to go apeshit but then I changed all four tyres and it calmed down. still goes mad in the wet but that is just me.

if the revs go up but the speedo doesn't then the clutch is shagged, or it can go the other way and have the biting point right through the floor (this happens when the fingers on the clutch back plate are knackered.

the torque split is after the main clutch. if the cluthc was biting and then slipping in a rhythmic manner this could cause the rear wheels to spin then divert power to the fronts, but I'd go with the easiest and simplest explanation until you can eliminate that.

get ready with the new clutch though as the std one don't last long at 400 bhp....

/Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts