GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching for a r32GTR for a friend of mine and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-R32-GTR-...ryZ18238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

After contacting him he tells me this will be 4150 registered and all. No more than that, he spells like a five year old but managed to get some more pictures of eng. bay and interior.

Feedbacks good but no more han 4 sales.

Don´t know what to tell him, is this fake or what, paypal was no problem so no funny escrow shite. hmmmm.....

·
6,821 Posts
As the car is in Japan, ask how and who will ship it, trough what company. Then he says 4100 registred, what means he's going to register it or that's your job?.

If he can find good condition R32 GTRs with only 50000miles, for less then 3k in Japan, well then I wonder why all our quality traders here on the board are not selling their cars for such a low price . . . Miguel could clear us up more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He wouldn´t let me know anything about the trader (didn´t want me to contact them and make the deal myself).

He will handle the registration himself, I can just pickup the car in uk when ready.

The first rule of a fraud is, if its cheap its fake, and this is CHEAP!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spoke to another swedish guy who yesterday bought a supra from him. Time will tell if he´s for real or not then.....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sounds a bit of a gamble, before purchase I would demand to see the auction sheets, the japanese de-reg forms or you could be stuck with a lemon. :flame:

AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED THE NEW OWNER WILL RECEIVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS THEY NEED FROM JAPAN TAKE ABOUT 14 DAYS THE BUYER MUST ALSO TELL US WHICH PORT THEY WANT THE CAR SHIPPED TO#
They have your money what have they to loose?
(I would be much happier with just a deposit and a face to refuse it if its naff! :chairshot )

Overall cheep car but is it worth the risk? :confused:

·
Registered
715 Posts
I would never buy a car like this, you have no comeback at all, if it looks too cheap then its fake.

·
Registered
689 Posts
We do imported cars from Japan and what we tend to let the customer chose the car by sending them pics and auction forms.

We would then only ask for a £500-£1000 and we would fund the rest, reason being we only do it if we were comfortable that if the sale fell through we could still sell the car.

Some companies do as we do and also offer a discount if you pay before the car arrives so they can start buying again, the rule of themb is do you trust the company if not I would not give them £4000.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He buys his cars private, no traders thats why they´re so cheap. Picture looks an awful lot like a car dealer though....

·
6,821 Posts
kristofer said:
He buys his cars private, no traders thats why they´re so cheap. Picture looks an awful lot like a car dealer though....
There is no low milage GTR in Japan for that price and that condition!:)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Well I think I speak for most on here.......

Lets have a full container of them for that money

I'm in...anyone else :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If the cars are straight and in good condition, and also exist :blahblah:

If this is true....Jim27 will eat his hat :p :chuckle: :runaway: :thumbsup:

Roll Up, Roll Up....Get yer R32 GTR's from £7,995

Bargain!

How much do we stand to make then?
Errr thats around £4000 a car....great :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I also import cars from Japan and can see at least one hidden cost he does mention.
The buyer is liable for the UK import duty and VAT on that total, This will be roughly a third extra plus customs handling etc. thats an addittional £1300 approx (if car sells at £3550). I know its not included because you cant pay it untill the cars is in the uk because its not due untill then.
Also there appears to be no insurance so any damage on the boat is not down to seller.So he can easily get away with the odd dent or scratch. ( it wasnt there before honest )
Realistically he doesnt even have to guarantee anything - How are you going to anything about it.
The Golden Rule............

IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT ALMOST CERTAINLY IS.

·
6,821 Posts
I say it again there is no GTR32 for 3000GBP in that condition and milage in Japan and in the rest of the world, the one who sells at this price for real' must have killed the previous owner and got it for free . . .:chairshot

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Deciding a car's good whether from Japanese Trade Auction, or Yahoo from seeing two pictures taken from a distance and (if available) and auction sheet (Auctions favour sellers, not buyers - as the market's overflowing with bidders but not cars) is akin to playing Russian Roulette.

If you like gambling against the odds, then try it - but be prepared to lose.

Even at auctions, where cars are grade 4, typically we only bid on around 5-10% after close inspection.

Miguel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts