GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not totally sure at the mo, but might have a small leak from the valve.

Until i can get to him Sly has suggested trying to tighten the valve, is this just a case of getting the right spanner and giving it a little nip up?

Don't want to bugger anything up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Seal kits are very easy to get hold of, your local tyre fitter can fit them easily too. Mine didn't charge me anything so I donated to their tea fund.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate, yes I had that page saved and was going to order some.

Just didn't want the potential of having the sensor ruined trying to replace it if it's corroded on or something. Saying that I guess I could do the same tightening it up. 8nm torque isn't a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
OEM ones are one piece, but BarryP has some aftermarket ones which are 2 piece, valve can be replaced etc, work just the same and cheaper. Ping him a msg

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for that Tin.

I'm getting the wheels refurbed soon so I'll probably just give them some of the kits in the thread and have spares if they already supply.

Main point of the query was is tightening the existing valves going to cause any potential problems? Shearing the valve, causing more damage/unseating of the seal etc?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys

The tyres are only 2k miles old, can't imagine Litchfield didn't change the seals so that's a pretty disappointing short time they've lasted.

Going well with punctures the tyres will probably last me out my ownership with the car, so the only time they'll be off is to get refurbed. Which may be a couple of months away yet.

I'll try the easy attempt first and see if they're loose, if that fails I'll get it to the local tyre place and get them swapped over. Avoid the GT-R tax, lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts