GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit off topic maybe but is it possible to find out if a car has (had) a UK registration off a VIN number only? My mate has an old Rover Mini but doesnt have a V5 for it so he cant seem to get it registered...
Vin in question is ; SAXXL2S1N10790148

cheers!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Had a quick look on the DVLA. Doesnt seem that arduous to get it registered though.

From DVLA:

If you have a classic vehicle that has not been taxed since 1983, it might not be registered with DVLA.

If this is the case and you want to register it, follow all the instructions for registering a vehicle for the first time.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am in Belgium ? So I was just wondering whether it is possible to see if there ever was a V5 for the car.
He brought it back to Belgium after his studies some 20 odd years ago and for the life of him cant remember if it was still registered in the UK or not...
Must have been some collegetime if he cant even remember that ?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
You can do an HPI check using only the chassis number which it turns brings up the previous reg numbers liked to it( if any) worth a shot

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can only seem to find uk.vin-info.com that offers a check with a VIN number only and besides stating the VIN is of a Rover it doesnt give me much more info :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts